Does someone have a link to an image of a Muslim Calendar?

Does someone have a link to an image of a Muslim Calendar?

I’m also curious about the major feasts and fetivals of Islam. Perhaps we can compare and contrast them here.

[quote=twiztedseraph]Does someone have a link to an image of a Muslim Calendar?

I’m also curious about the major feasts and fetivals of Islam. Perhaps we can compare and contrast them here.
[/quote]

Islamic calendar? Does such a thing exist?

[quote=twiztedseraph]Does someone have a link to an image of a Muslim Calendar?

[/quote]

Peace

What do you mean? It looks like a normal calender, except it has the Islamic lunar months and every day it has the times of prayer.

We have two major holidays, Eid ul fitr, which is at the end of Ramadan (the name of the Islamic month in which we fast). This is where the Muslims celebrate and thank Allah for allowing them to complete the month of fasting. And Eid ul udha which is after Haj (the Musilm pilgrimmage). This is where we comemorate the submission of Abraham to Allah to the point of almost killing his own son. Here is a link that will do a better job explaining

islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa030700a.htm

I found this:

www.sufisattari.com/calendar.html

I just found a little snippet about the Muslim calendar when I was researching the Gregorian calendar and thought I’d add it here:

“The Muslim calendar is hence the only purely lunar calendar in widespread use today. Its months have no permanent connection to the seasons— Muslim religious celebrations, such as Ramadan, may thus occur at any date of the Gregorian calendar.”

www.infoplease.com/spot/gregorian1.html

[quote=Faith101]Peace

What do you mean? It looks like a normal calender, except it has the Islamic lunar months and every day it has the times of prayer.

We have two major holidays, Eid ul fitr, which is at the end of Ramadan (the name of the Islamic month in which we fast). This is where the Muslims celebrate and thank Allah for allowing them to complete the month of fasting. And Eid ul udha which is after Haj (the Musilm pilgrimmage). This is where we comemorate the submission of Abraham to Allah to the point of almost killing his own son. Here is a link that will do a better job explaining

islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa030700a.htm
[/quote]

Peace

Sir, I meant a calendar (much like another friend posted, save from a larger school of Islam) with the dates and months set out for a year. Many thanks.

[quote=twiztedseraph]Peace

Sir, I meant a calendar (much like another friend posted, save from a larger school of Islam) with the dates and months set out for a year. Many thanks.
[/quote]

islam.com/calen2005.htm

islamicacademy.org/html/General/USA_2005.htm

[quote=Faith101]islam.com/calen2005.htm

islamicacademy.org/html/General/USA_2005.htm
[/quote]

For Australia?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.