Does The Bible Gives A Complete Ways Of Life?

Does The Bible Gives A Complete Ways Of Life?

This thread is in response to Emad’s challenge on whether the Bible teaches complete ways of life. I believe it does and able to address every aspect of a Christian’s life.

It would help if members here can contribute thoughts on this. Whether the Bible offers a complete way of life or not to its believers.

Peace.

God bless you all.

Reuben :slight_smile:

Hi Emad,

The Bible offers complete way of life.

I’ll be glad to furnish you the information required. Kindly bear in mind that all my responds need to be taken in context with my earlier posts when necessary.

What I’ve done is giving you examples from biblical verses with cursory explanation on how they instruct me on the particular aspect of life.

The Gospel value is specific and eternal thus it’s able to address every aspect of today’s life because human behavior does not change. It always amazes me how I could identify with someone 2000 years ago on his or her aspiration, happiness and sorrow. The Bible is very rich in this because it does not only give me instructional verses but also enforces them with practical examples of the behavior and the lives of the protagonists there, and by parables and stories.

The Gospel does not give specific knowledge in doing certain activity today like building a computer, because the knowledge of Science is dynamic. Yet its value must govern human’s usage of Science.

Emad:
First this is going to be a very long reply, so it may take me some time. Second, remember that my question was for you to show me how the Bible gives you a complete way of life. That means that it has an answer for everything. What if the government are wrong doers? What if they ask you to leave your faith? Please show me what the Bible says about this.

About submitting to the authority.
What if government is wrongdoer?

**1 Pet 2:12-25 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 13Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. **

General biblical principle is to submit to the government’s authority. Christians by their righteous action can always influence the government or shame them for their injustice so that they may change and do good.

As for bad government, they pray to God who will help them to change the hearts of bad rulers so that they will rule with justice. This is done daily in the Catholic Holy Mass in their prayer of the faithful. Matt 5:43-45 43"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

We must pray that God will forgive them, that they may never fare the worse for any thing they have done against us, and that He would make them to be at peace with us; and this is one way of making them so.

Romans 13:3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Christians are fearless in the face of bad rulers. As long as Christians continue to be upright they will be vindicated in the end for God builds and destroys Kingdom. People of God have lived under occupation and foreign rulers, examples while in exile in Babylon and early Christians in Roman Empire in Rome.

The last resort is perhaps to fight but usually it doesn’t come to that. However, when extreme injustice is done by the occupiers to the people of the land, the Christians in this case may come up and resist by fighting.

See **Maccabbees chapter 6-7: ** The occupying king Antiochus forced the believers (Jews) to abandon their religion. They were forced to eat pork (which is an affront to their religion) in public and if they refused they were tortured to death. Many of them rather died instead of succumbing to the evil ruler. Later those alive rose up in arm to fight.

If Christian persons are in the position of being rulers themselves, they must abide by the principle of mercy and justice, and which is right before God. Today the so-called Christian leaders come to decision to war very quickly but this is **NOT ** being Christian. The late Pope John Paul 2 stand’s on war is a benchmark for Christians’ attitude toward war.

What about the Quran. What does it teaches you on how to live in a country? Under bad government or while governing. Does Islam aspire to be government themselves? How does it achieve that?

1 of 2

**What about if they (government) ask me to leave my faith?

Matt 22:2121"Caesar’s," they replied. Then he said to them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”**

This example is very obvious:
In matters pertaining to faith we follow God.
In matters pertaining to the rule of the country we follow its rule.

Christians who are steep in their faith of God should never leave their faith no matter what is the consequence. In fact Christians are not afraid to suffer, or even die for their faith. They expect to be persecuted in this world. **John 15: 18, 20 18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. …. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also…” **
There were many early Christians who were willing to die (martyred) at the hands of the Romans for the sake of Christ rather than giving up their faith.

Emad:
What if your friend is a wrong doer, do you also have to defend him? Does the Bible tell you who to take as friends and who not to take as friends?

What if the friend is a wrong doer, do you also have to defend him?

This question misses the thrust of the explanation regarding Christian friendship, but it’s a good question nevertheless.

As mentioned, Christian as a friend is loyal, reliable and will not betray. Sirach 21:22 “Even if you have a violent argument with a friend, and speak sharply, all is not lost. You can still make up with him. But any friend will leave you if you insult him, if you are arrogant, if you reveal his secrets, or if you turn on him unexpectedly”.

What about if he is wrong doer ?

Matt 18:15-17 15"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

A Christian friend doesn’t defend him for him to continue to be wrong doer! He helps him so that he will stop becoming a wrong doer. This is an obligation of a Christian friend. He will not just keep quiet and close his eyes and let his friend become ‘lost’ through wrong doing.

He will do it alone first, if unsuccessful, he will bring more people to help. And if still this doesn’t work, he will expose him to the church so that the church will help. And if this doesn’t work, a Christian friend treats him with compassion like he does to a sinner (tax collector) who misses the grace and goodness of God.

Does the Bible tell you whom to make friend with?

**Luke 10:30-37 - The story of the good Samaritan. ** The secular world has rightly equated this phrase as someone who does good and helpful to the needy and helpless but little it realizes that this can also be the teaching of Jesus on who to take as a friend.

A Christian will take all humans as friends and treat them with love and kindness. Due to practical reason, of course we cannot have that many friends to spend our time with. But at least with whom we can, Christians should behave as friends to them with the mentioned characteristics.

**Whom we shouldn’t take as friends? **

The unrepentance hypocrites, one who calls himself a brother but actually a sinner. The distinction is clear. We don’t avoid sinners, we try to help them. The principle in Matt 18:15-17 still applies.

**1Cor 5:9-11 9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. **

Hope this helps.

Peace.

God bless you.

Reuben :slight_smile: .

2 of 2

Rueben does Catholics believe in the seperation of Church and state?

[quote=Emad]Rueben does Catholics believe in the seperation of Church and state?
[/quote]

Yes, it does – in general. I believe through a couple of the quotes provided by Rueben. I believe in the Bible and in the U.S. Constitution; unequally and separately. We are to follow the Bible as individuals. The Constitution is for all of us, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc. For me, there is no conflict between the two.

Back to the initial question… Catholic Christianity teaches that Christ came to earth to establish a church, not write a book. He left the latter to his disciples, through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Jesus never wrote a single word, at least not any that is with us today.

The Book is for the Church, not the other way around, as some Christian groups believe. Sacred Scriture and Sacred Tradition, is the Catholic teaching.

The Bible, however, at least to me, is not a road map for every single solitary item in life. At least not on the surface. That’s because it speaks to the heart, not human logic. It can give all the answers through the Church and through study and a lot of prayer. If a person doesn’t find an answer directly in the Bible, the Church has looked into everything through its 2000-year history. One can always pray, too, as the Bible promises a believer can be guided by the answer one receives.

At least that’s what I think what the Church teaches. Catholic Answers main page has the official Catholic view on Scripture on the left hand column, Emad.

Jim

Hello LtTony, thanks for your explanation. I now understand the Bible a little better. You believe it is a book that is really only meant for clergy. Then the clergy will interpret it and tell people what it means. (Please correct me if I am wrong). Also since there is a seperation between Church and state in my opinion then the Bible doesn’t teach a complete way of life as Rueben claimed, because running a country is one of the most important aspects of life.

I do have some questions:

1. Why is there seperation between Chruch and State? I don’t just mean in the US, but in general. If the Bible teaches a complete way of life, wouldn’t catholics think it is better to run a country based on the laws of God instead of the laws of man?

2. You said “That’s because it speaks to the heart, not human logic.” Can you please explain this some more?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

[quote=Emad]Hello LtTony, thanks for your explanation. I now understand the Bible a little better. You believe it is a book that is really only meant for clergy. Then the clergy will interpret it and tell people what it means. (Please correct me if I am wrong). Also since there is a seperation between Church and state in my opinion then the Bible doesn’t teach a complete way of life as Rueben claimed, because running a country is one of the most important aspects of life.

1. Why is there seperation between Chruch and State? I don’t just mean in the US, but in general. If the Bible teaches a complete way of life, wouldn’t catholics think it is better to run a country based on the laws of God instead of the laws of man?

2. You said “That’s because it speaks to the heart, not human logic.” Can you please explain this some more?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

A few good reasons for separation of church and state:

Pakistan’s Islamic government
Saudi Arabia’s Islamic government
Iran’s Islamic government
Somolia’s Islamic government
Indonesia’s Islamic government

And no, I do not believe what Muslims here say about them not being Islamic governments. After all, there are 1.2 billion Muslims who think they are and 10 Muslim’s on the forum who think they are not.

Besides, you refuse to believe we do not worship Mary. If you can not accept what I say, how do you expect me to believe what you say?

[quote=iamrefreshed]A few good reasons for separation of church and state:

Pakistan’s Islamic government
Saudi Arabia’s Islamic government
Iran’s Islamic government
Somolia’s Islamic government
Indonesia’s Islamic government

And no, I do not believe what Muslims here say about them not being Islamic governments. After all, there are 1.2 billion Muslims who think they are and 10 Muslim’s on the forum who think they are not.

Besides, you refuse to believe we do not worship Mary. If you can not accept what I say, how do you expect me to believe what you say?
[/quote]

Iamrefreshed, I don’t know who these 10 million Muslims are who told you that they are Islamic governments. Even if they say they are, you have eyes, look for yourself. Do you think an Islamic government really teaches for the leaders to be in big palaces while the people starve? An Islamic government would never do such a thing. An Islamic governement has elections and the leader is to be taken to account for anything he does. Most of these leaders are dictators and voting rarely ever happens. In most of these countries scholars who speak against the government are put in jail and I saw this with my own eyes. That is not very Islamic.

Second in our defenition of worship you do worship Mary, but in your defenition of worship you don’t. As Muslims we consider asking a dead being for intercession as worshipping them. It is only that we have a different concept of worship. By the way I never recall actually saying that you worship Mary.

[quote=Emad]Iamrefreshed, I don’t know who these 10 million Muslims are who told you that they are Islamic governments. Even if they say they are, you have eyes, look for yourself. Do you think an Islamic government really teaches for the leaders to be in big palaces while the people starve? An Islamic government would never do such a thing. An Islamic governement has elections and the leader is to be taken to account for anything he does. Most of these leaders are dictators and voting rarely ever happens. In most of these countries scholars who speak against the government are put in jail and I saw this with my own eyes. That is not very Islamic.

Second in our defenition of worship you do worship Mary, but in your defenition of worship you don’t. As Muslims we consider asking a dead being for intercession as worshipping them. It is only that we have a different concept of worship. By the way I never recall actually saying that you worship Mary.
[/quote]

Emad, as far as Mary is concerned see some of r.gonzales’ posts.

As far as Islamic governments, we will have to differ on opinion. The 10 Muslims I mention are here on this forum. You say these governments are NOT Islamic. The people who live there say it IS. Who am I to believe? The 10 here or the millions living there?

Do you want to know what Catholics believe? Ask the Pope. He is our authority.

If I want to know what Islam believes I have to ask a scholar, then decide if it is a good or bad scholar.

[quote=iamrefreshed]Emad, as far as Mary is concerned see some of r.gonzales’ posts.

As far as Islamic governments, we will have to differ on opinion. The 10 Muslims I mention are here on this forum. You say these governments are NOT Islamic. The people who live there say it IS. Who am I to believe? The 10 here or the millions living there?

Do you want to know what Catholics believe? Ask the Pope. He is our authority.

If I want to know what Islam believes I have to ask a scholar, then decide if it is a good or bad scholar.
[/quote]

Why are you being so mean? All I am doing is asking questions what is the big deal? Is it against your religion for one to ask questions? Do you have something against me? Me and LtTony and Rueben were able to speak to each other kindly though we may have disagreed, why can’t you do the same? Did you speak to those 10 million Muslims who say it is an Islamic State? Even many of the leaders themselves will tell you it is not an Islamic state. A good friend of mine just came from Pakistan and said most of the people there are fighting with the government. There is a difference between a Muslim country and a Islamic state. If you want to know what Islam believes you don’t have to ask a scholar, you can ask any knowledgable Muslim or just read about it from trustworthy sources. Oh please give me the Popes phone number if you have it, I am sure he will be kinder than you!

[quote=Emad]Why are you being so mean? All I am doing is asking questions what is the big deal? Is it against your religion for one to ask questions? Do you have something against me? Me and LtTony and Rueben were able to speak to each other kindly though we may have disagreed, why can’t you do the same?
[/quote]

Let us be the light, let us be the salt.

How are we followers of Christ?

If you know the Truth, who can take it away from you?

Dont preach Christ, live Him.

Ps: I fail all the time too, so I do apologise to our muslim brothers.

[quote=Emad]Why are you being so mean? All I am doing is asking questions what is the big deal? Is it against your religion for one to ask questions? Do you have something against me? Me and LtTony and Rueben were able to speak to each other kindly though we may have disagreed, why can’t you do the same? Did you speak to those 10 million Muslims who say it is an Islamic State? Even many of the leaders themselves will tell you it is not an Islamic state. A good friend of mine just came from Pakistan and said most of the people there are fighting with the government. There is a difference between a Muslim country and a Islamic state. If you want to know what Islam believes you don’t have to ask a scholar, you can ask any knowledgable Muslim or just read about it from trustworthy sources. Oh please give me the Popes phone number if you have it, I am sure he will be kinder than you!
[/quote]

I’m sorry if I seem to be mean Emad. That is not my intention. I am however frustrated. There are several Muslim guests here that simply refuse to accept our explanation of our beliefs. I don’t ask that the believe them, just accept the fact that we do.

And you really don’t need the Pope’s number. If you want to know what we believe you can read the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

I’m sorry if you are offended but I stand by my statement that those governments are Islamic. I simply refuse to believe a few posters here and not the millions upon millions who live there. You say they are not Islamic and don’t vote yet Iran voted recently. I do respect your belief that they are not Islamic. See, I believe that is what you believe.

[quote=Emad]Hello LtTony, thanks for your explanation. I now understand the Bible a little better. You believe it is a book that is really only meant for clergy. Then the clergy will interpret it and tell people what it means. (Please correct me if I am wrong). Also since there is a seperation between Church and state in my opinion then the Bible doesn’t teach a complete way of life as Rueben claimed, because running a country is one of the most important aspects of life.

[/quote]

Hi Emad,

The Bible doesn’t have a blue print for specific activity but it has principles for doing it which do not change.

In building a computer or running a country, for example, one must acquire specific knowledge. Good knowledge comes from God. Bibles gives good knowledge to a person, and if he runs a country, the value of the Bible will guide him.

As far as a Christian is concerned, the Bible can give him/her a complete way of life if he/she chooses to. It can be obtained direct from the Bible or from rulings of the Pope which are based on the value of the Bible.

And what’s a Christian way of life? From my earlier posts I mentioned that Christians are resident aliens (permanent residents or tourists if one likes) in this world. Their home is in heaven.

Jesus is a King, but His Kingdom is not of this world. Christians are citizens of Jesus’ heavenly Kingdom.

Whatever lives that are relevant to Christians to pursue their real home are all covered by the Bible.

Emad, please tell me what’s an ideal government of a country? Please tell me an example in the history of the world of an ideal government. Had that ever happened? In Judaism, Christianity or in Islam?

I hope you also can respond to my earlier questions if you don’t mind.

What about the Quran. What does it teaches you on how to live in a country? Under bad government or while governing. Does Islam aspire to be government themselves? How does it achieve that?

Thanks.

Peace.

Reuben.

Rueben blue
Emad black

Please tell me an example in the history of the world of an ideal government. Had that ever happened? In Judaism, Christianity or in Islam?

The Prophet peace be upon him established an ideal government, so did the 4 successors after him. So did the Khalifa Umar ibn abdul Aziz.

First of all Islam has two sources the Quran and life of the Prophet peace be upon him. The Quran teaches us this,

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. Islam does aspire to establish a state, however a Muslim is allowed to live in a non-Muslim country. During the Prophets peace be upon hims life in Makkah many of the Muslims were being tortured by the Arab idol worshippers. He gave permission to the companions to go to Etheopia and told them “Go there, it is ruled by a just Christian man who doesn’t do injustice to anyone” The Prophet peace be upon hm gave them permission to leave Makkah (the holiest place in Islam) because they were being oppressed to go live in a country ruled by a just Christian king.

A Muslim is to obey anyone in leadership as long as they don’t tell him to disobey God. Other than that he has to obey them. If he is being wronged and can’t practice his religion he must leave the country if he has the ability. If they have the ability to leave and they don’t they will be punished as this verse says:

When angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: “In what (plight) Were ye?” They reply: “Weak and oppressed Were we in the earth.” They say: “Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to move yourselves away (From evil)?” Such men will find their abode in Hell,- What an evil refuge! -

The scholars of tafsir say that thsi verse is speaking of Muslims who live in a country where they aren’t able to practice Islam, yet remain there even though they have the ability to leave.

[quote=iamrefreshed]I’m sorry if I seem to be mean Emad. That is not my intention. I am however frustrated. There are several Muslim guests here that simply refuse to accept our explanation of our beliefs. I don’t ask that the believe them, just accept the fact that we do.

And you really don’t need the Pope’s number. If you want to know what we believe you can read the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

I’m sorry if you are offended but I stand by my statement that those governments are Islamic. I simply refuse to believe a few posters here and not the millions upon millions who live there. You say they are not Islamic and don’t vote yet Iran voted recently. I do respect your belief that they are not Islamic. See, I believe that is what you believe.
[/quote]

Iamrefreshed I made it clear in one of my lasts posts that we believe you worship Mary becuase our defenition of worship is different than yours. I don’t remember saying that I don’t accept you belief that you don’t worship Mary. If I did please quote me. You are saying these millions of people are telling you they are living under Islamic law, did you speak to them? How do you know that the entire country thinks that? I have been to more than one Muslim country and never met one Muslim who thought he was living under Islamic law. Those are not Islamic countries, they are countries with the majority of people living in the Muslims. Even if they all told you they were living in an Islamic state, just because someone says something doesn’t make it true.

If a million people told you that you don’t exist, does that make it true? No. Look at what an Islamic state is and compare it to these countries are. Until then please don’t claim that these countries are Islamic.

[quote=Emad]Iamrefreshed I made it clear in one of my lasts posts that we believe you worship Mary becuase our defenition of worship is different than yours. I don’t remember saying that I don’t accept you belief that you don’t worship Mary. If I did please quote me. You are saying these millions of people are telling you they are living under Islamic law, did you speak to them? How do you know that the entire country thinks that? I have been to more than one Muslim country and never met one Muslim who thought he was living under Islamic law. Those are not Islamic countries, they are countries with the majority of people living in the Muslims. Even if they all told you they were living in an Islamic state, just because someone says something doesn’t make it true.

If a million people told you that you don’t exist, does that make it true? No. Look at what an Islamic state is and compare it to these countries are. Until then please don’t claim that these countries are Islamic.
[/quote]

Emad. They claim they are Islamic. You say they are not. Shari’ah was voted for by the people of Nigeria in the 12 northern states. Here is a link.

zamfaraonline.com/sharia/introduction.html

See, It’s not just me saying it. 126 million people live in Nigeria.

I don’t want to be controversial Emad but I’m pretty sure you and I probably mix a little too much politics with our religion. I know we have disagreed strongly in the past in some areas but I would like to maintain a respectful dialogue with you.

I’ll concede to you that these countries are not following “true Islam” if you view the link and tell me that the Shari’ah law they live under is not true.

I just want to know if it is true Islamic Shari’ah law.

Not if the rich get away with something and the poor don’t. That happens in America also. It doesn’t mean that America is not a democracy though.

If you don’t want to, well that’s OK too.

Iamrefreshed I agree with you that the people of Nigeria are trying to establish an Islamic state, but they haven’t been successful thus far. Islamic law isn’t just applying the penal code. Many of these countries do apply some Islamic rules, however it doesn’t make them an Islamic state. If you want to continue this discussion please join the WhyIslam forum. I will be taking some time off of this forum. I have been spending too much time here and I am taking an intensive summer course. I will be back in a couple of weeks.

OK thanks Emad. Good luck with your studies. Take it from someone who was unable to attend college. Make sure you get that degree!!!

[quote=Emad]Then the clergy will interpret it and tell people what it means. (Please correct me if I am wrong). Also since there is a seperation between Church and state in my opinion then the Bible doesn’t teach a complete way of life as Rueben claimed, because running a country is one of the most important aspects of life.

[/quote]

Helpful links:
christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/ccc.html
catholic.com/
ewtn.com/vexperts/conference.htm

I’ll do my best, emad, but there are people and resources much wiser than me.
I believe I wrote “for the Church,” which is the clergy and lay people, and even includes the saints in heaven. Church is the community, “the body of Christ,” not a building or hierarchal organization. Scripture tells us that each of us are a part of the body, and each part has a different role. The role of some may be to assist others in understanding Scripture. We are to read Scripture prayerfully and with some background study. Through the Holy Spirit, the Church (I’m speaking only the Catholic perspective here, as I understand it) provides us with fundamental truths of Scripture. Within those confines we are supposed to be inspired (guided) to live the life of a TRUE Christian.
There is room for differences of opinion within those boundaries. In fact, the Church encourages it. Like Rueben said, the Bible provides the principleswe are to apply in Christian life. The Church provides the details.
The Church, in conjunction with the Bible, guides me and other Catholics. This is is precisely the relationship required by the Bible itself, in our opinion.
I essentially agree with what I understood Rueben to say, although we may disagree on some details. But like I said, that’s OK.
As Rueben implied, some Christians have tried to use Bible for every facet of their lives. Theoretically, it could be done, but I believe all have been unsuccessful because of their individual personal interpretation of Scripture fails them. They unintentionially let their own ego or values come before God’s. Yeah, the Bible is perfect, but people aren’t. We can see this in Christianity and Islam.
That’s why we need the Church. The Bible is perfect, the Church is perfect, Christianity is perfect. Christians aren’t. To find God’s perfect happiness for us is an ideal that none of us will attain, but our perfect Father keeps forgiving us and encouraging us through His son, Jesus.

(more)

Government: It isn’t about this world, but the next. Rueben stated it pretty well, I think. We are not to concern ourselves with the things of this world, as they will distract us from our ultimate goal – eternity in heaven with the Lord. The Bible tells us that even the little birds are carefree, and God provides for them, does he not? Are we not greater than the birds? Doesn’t God love us more than birds? So why should we worry so much about the “things” of this world?

I know, that’s hard – not to worry about things going on around us and how they will affect us. Christians do worry. But like I said, Christians aren’t perfect.

Laws of God vs. laws of men: If each man followed the laws of God we wouldn’t need a government to declare laws. Personally, I don’t care if a country wants to base it’s laws on what it believes are the laws of God. But I don’t want them condeming me or my country. I think that fundamentally the laws of most countries’ are the laws of God in many respects, but it would be wrong (unbiblical even) to officially declare that in their dealings with other people. Because history tell us that once a nation stamps “GOD” on their laws, they believe it to be a license to impose it’s views on everyone else. The U.S. has been among the culprits. It’s a very dangerous tightrope to walk.

(more)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.