Does the Bible say

…that man has the right to be happy/satisfied/fulfilled?

The Bible isn’t a law or philosophy book. It’s the revelation of God to man.

Does the Bible say…
…that man has the right to be happy/satisfied/fulfilled?

Absolutely. Psalm 144:15 “Happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.”

It is our God given right to have God as our Lord and if God is our Lord we will be happy. Actually read the entire Psalm 144 paying particular attention to the second half. Also take a look at Psalm 1:1,2, “Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly . . . but his delight is in the law of the Lord.” In many translations “blessed” is interpreted “happy”. It is iour right to refuse to walk in the counsel of the ungodly and to delight in the law of the Lord. So, yes, I half to say that according to the Bible man does have the right to be happy/satisfied/fulfilled.

Now the real question is, what does happy/satisfied/fullfilled look like? Matthew 5:11 says “Blessed (happy) are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake.” Being reviled and persecuted isn’t my idea of happiness, but that’s just me.

Biblically my impression is that happiness is a privilege that may require some effort or struggle, the happiness is in the reward. Or " “Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.” people do not exactly have the “right” to be forgiven by God, it’s God’s decision. In Deuteronomy 27 and 28 God gives Israel blessings for observing the Law, and cursing for disobeying it.

No.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.