"does the Catholic Faith believe in blood transfusions:

I am new to this whole Catholic Faith, Mass and classes. I was a non-denominational christian for 10 yrs. So I am just trying to find some answers.

So, does the church frown uppon blood transfusions or do they leave that up to the individual??

The Catholic Church does not frown upon blood transfusions. The Church does not frown upon organ transplants, so they would not frown upon blood transfusions because blood can be viewed as part of an organ system: the vascular system.

We even have the Red Cross come to our Parish church for blood drives. We give blood.

No problem.

But we do frown upon abortions.

Thank you,
that is good to know. I too do not believe in abortions, I breaks my heart that a mother can murder her own child before he even has a chance to show the world what God has planned for him. anyhow, it is so heartbreaking!

[quote=dragonfly]I am new to this whole Catholic Faith, Mass and classes. I was a non-denominational christian for 10 yrs. So I am just trying to find some answers.

So, does the church frown uppon blood transfusions or do they leave that up to the individual??
[/quote]

No-in fact twice a year we are encouraged to give Blood after Mass. One of the best parts about being Catholic is being able to have a transfusion of the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on a daily basis!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.