Does The Lord love Lucifer(and other demons?)

Its something Ive always wondered about. So I ask you your opinion on the matter. We know that He loves men who we (as a whole) otherwise consider to be evil ie-Hitler etc. What do you think?

I think it is impossible for God not to love his creations. However, I do not think he loves all their actions.

God’s love is Unconditional, so yes, He
does love them, but they REJECTED
that love and so it has turned into Jealousy
for them, which is as severe as hell!
See Canticles 8:6

Yes. God is love. It’s impossible for Him not to love.
God created all things and all things were pleasing to Him. Unfortunately the love that God has for the angels is not reciprocated by all angels. The fallen angels allowed their pride to interfere with their love of God. God cast them out of heaven by an act of justice, not hatred.

Here is an old Ask An Apologist Q&A:
Does God Love Satan?

I agree. It is the very essence of G-d’s nature to love; however, he is saddened by the sins His creations commit by their making the wrong choices.

Interesting question, Apologist Jimmy Akin had this to say about it:

“God loves all the good things there are about the devil. And there are many good things about the devil, he is intelligent, he has a lot of power … those are all attributes that God gave him and that He gave the other angels and that He gives us …” Jimmy explains that God does not love “what the devil has done with his will, which is to choose evil and to choose hatred and to choose the opposite of love.” So God essentially loves the positive attributes as opposed to the negative attributes of the devil.

Then Jimmy goes on to explain how God loves differently than we love as rooted in the Thomistic tradition (of St. Thomas Aquinas). Basically, “our love looks at a created good and is attracted to it.” Therefore love for us is “that attraction that we experience to things that are good.” God’s love is different in that “He is the one giving the good thing to a created being.”

Here’s the video clip, it is only about 2 min long: Does God Love Lucifer?

God Bless,

Josie

I agree with everyone. Because we are taught that God loves his creations so much, it is probably hard for us to imagine the pain that he feels for every one of his children who choose to separate themselves for all eternity.

We usually think of God as being all powerful, and strict in his laws, but it would do well for us to meditate on how he is in love with us, and imagine the pain we feel when someone we love does not love us back, and then imagine God, who has immeasurable love going through an immeasurable heartbreak.

There can be no good in Satan anymore. Anything GOD gave him is used against Him, and the LORD hates him for it. It is too late for Lucifer and his demons. Same with us when we die. They who commit the unforgivable sin doom themselves and GOD will have no love for them. He is sovereign. He will have mercy on whom He wishes. WE are commanded to hate evil, a perfect hate, so this is an interesting subject.

Quick search KJV

Amo 6:8 The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.
Amo 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph
Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren
Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Isa 61:8 For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Zec 8:17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.
Deu 9:28 Lest the land whence thou broughtest us out say, Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which he promised them, and because he hated them, he hath brought them out to slay them in the wilderness.
Mal 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

So can we hate? I know, hate the sin, not the sinner, but this is a good prayer:
Psa 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

You missed one: Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”

Sooo, are we really supposed to HATE them? Because in numerous other places, we are told to love these individuals…or could it be that hate in the bible doesn’t always mean hate?

The question was … does God love Satan … not whether he loves his good action or hates his bad actions … but does God love him?

God is Love said St. John. All the hating is done by others … not God. We definitely say Satan hates God. What is God supposed to do? Wellcome his spit.
Yes God definitely loves Satan himself, God’s own work. But God in his love, gives Satan what he wants the most … to be away from Him whom Satan can’t stand.

God is always about Love. But others do not always make themselves lovable.

That’s a good question, and I wondered if something was lost in the translation… but no, the Greek word used in Luke 14:26 is used in many other Bible verses where it really means to detest something or to hate a person in the worst sense of the word. The following link goes to a page with other verses which contain the same Greek word, μισέω (miseo):
teknia.com/greek-dictionary/miseo
Was it commonly used in early Christian times as hyperbole, a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally? I’m going to post that question in the Sacred Scripture forum.

I feel that God is love, and hate and every aspect of experience, human and otherwise. God is in all things, as the creator, preserver and destroyer. Every aspect of any thing is a facet of God, and he lives in the heart of his creation. Therefore there is no separation between God and Satan, or God and Man or God and Tree.

Satan, if such a figure does indeed exist and dwell in Hell (assuming that exists too), is simply acting out a very important role for God. It is mostly for the sake of people that he even exists in my opinion. If people want to see God as righteous and as having to choose his path as good and just, then they have to have something opposite, for those who choose another way. Therefore, man decided that those who do not believe in God (as they have decreed) must be cast down and made evil, when in actuality, there are many who do not believe in God in the traditional sense and still are not evil and many of them are more “free of sin” than many traditional god-fearing men.

In fact, I think the whole concept of God-fearing is sad, for God should wish us to love life, each other, this world and the whole experience of being. We should all be God-loving, not God-fearing. If someone fears God, I think they are simply afraid of aspects of themselves.

You have every right to your opinions, and I respect you and would not ask you to change them. However, I am going to ask you if you will think about whether God or man is the author of sin and hate and disease and death. I think it is man. It is man who brought sin and evil into the world, not God. It is man who nourishes hatred and keeps it alive. Jesus never hated one person in his life, and he had good reason to do so.

If you don’t agree, that’s fine. I’m not here to debate or argue.

God bless (even if you don’t believe in him).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.