Does the mass sacramentally re-present and re-unite the Lords body and blood in his resurrection?

As we know that the mass represents and perpetuate His one sacrifice of Calvary by the two fold separate consecration of the bread and wine (symbolizing his death and the separation of his blood from his body), but does the mass re present his resurrection and make it present like in the tomb? I would assume no because there is no re-unitng of our Lords body and blood?By the commingling of the particle of the host with the chalice, it is only the sacred species which are re-united, not the body and blood themselves correct? So it seems to me a mistake to put the Cross and Resurrection on the same level in one’s explanation of the Mass on the form of sacramental re-presentation right?

Someone has to know…

The celebration of the Eucharist does re-present the Lord’s Resurrection. From the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom:

Remembering, therefore, this command of the Savior, and all that came to pass for our sake, the cross, the tomb, the resurrection on the third day, the ascension into heaven, the enthronement at the right hand of the Father, and the second, glorious coming.”

Why don’t we sacramentally reunite the body and blood of our Lord? We sacramentally do it in the seperation of the consecration of the bread and wine?

Like intinction? It would work much better IMO.

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. :shrug:

In the Eucharist, we “proclaim the mystery of faith”.

GIRM 83 (excerpt).

The Priest breaks the Bread and puts a piece of the host into the chalice to signify the unity of the Body and Blood of the Lord in the work of salvation, namely, of the Body of Jesus Christ, living and glorious.

So we are representing sacramentally the tomb and ressurection

At the consecration Christ’s sacrifice on calvary is re-presented, the bread and wine are changed into his body and blood. But it is his resurrected and glorified body of Christ we receive, we do not receive a dead body. The Catechism does not tell us how it is that we receive the resurrected body of Christ. I think the commingling of the bread and wine merely represents the united body and blood, I do not think that this is merely a symbolic act reminding us that it is the living body of Christ we receive, his reunited flesh and blood. I don’t think it makes it happen, it is not another miracle…

Pax
Linus2nd

When we receive Communion we receive the Risen Glorified Christ.

AMEN!:bowdown2:

As Linus2nd said, the sacrifice which is represented is that of Calvary; the body and blood soul and divinity of Christ which become present in the sacred species is Christ as he is now not as he was on Good Friday. So the body and blood are not ‘sacramentally reunited’ because they are inseparable.

Although I do not understand the question…

I rather think the answer is found somehow in the doctrine of concomitance.

Try this link
newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section2

Well, sure…At the Last Supper, Jesus gave the Apostles His Body & Blood as bread & wine. He was alive when He did so.

Of course. We just as Catholics always here about the sacrafice and also about Calvary and it being represented, but I was wondering if it was the same for the Ressurection. Wonder why Jesus did not add in the last supper a sacramental reunifcation for his ressurection after he performed the separate consecration of his body and blood pointing towards Calvary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.