Does the SSPX have valid sacraments?

I won’t even attempt to post this question on the Liturgy forum there’s so much confusion. I’m not interested in attending a schismatic church, but I was just wondering: The Orthodox have a valid Eucharist, right? So does the Society of St. Pius X? Would attending an SSPX Mass satisfy the Sunday obligation? Are my sins forgiven if I confess to an SSPX priest?

[quote=Lamb100]The Orthodox have a valid Eucharist, right?
[/quote]

Right.

[quote=Lamb100]So does the Society of St. Pius X?
[/quote]

If the priests are validly ordained, yes; but because of the schismatic state of the Society, SSPX Masses are gravely illicit.

[quote=Lamb100]Would attending an SSPX Mass satisfy the Sunday obligation?
[/quote]

Theoretically speaking, if you were in an area where there was no valid and licit Mass, yes. However, in such situations you are dispensed from the Sunday obligation, so there is no need to try and fulfill it at an SSPX chapel.

[quote=Lamb100]Are my sins forgiven if I confess to an SSPX priest?
[/quote]

If you were in danger of death and the only validly-ordained priest available to hear your confession was an SSPX priest, yes. Otherwise, no. For more information, see the article linked below.

**Recommended reading:

SSPX Confessions** by Jimmy Akin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.