Does this belong Here?

I have been asking alot of questions—put me down if you want, but I am just confused about the existence of God, and though I still go to church (I’m Catholic) I don’t feel any relief. To add to this confusion, I had come across some weird you tube videos about channeling, I am not sure if I am allowed to use people’s names, so I won’t–but it is about a South African cult called Desteni. One person involved heavily with it was targeting me with their propaganda on my account so I had to delete it , but they do have a way of getting under a person’s skin.
All the doubts I had about God’s existence before are nothing compared to the confusion I feel now. They are atheists who believe in channeling and demons, but don’t believe in God, which is STUPID I know. I am crying right now because I feel like such an idiot for getting mixed up with this. Read my other threads or questions, and you will know I **have **believed in our Faith, in God, and prayer. I am just going through some kind of strange crisis since my dad passed away. I don’t know if it is related to my dad’s death,

I am just so afraid they will not stop bothering me by finding my e-mail–I know I am paranoid, but I can’t help it. I don’t want to have anything to do with them. This person was telling me that my life is a lie, my family is a trap, my marriage is dishonest because ALL marriages are self-centered and dishonest, that God is a figment of my imagination— a “construct of our belief system”.

PLease just pray for me. I find it strange I want prayers. I want for God to be real. Please don’t make fun of me I am ashamed of myself

You are never alone. You are one of God’s children. Though you may be seeking Him and not finding Him, that is not always a bad sign. God wants us to be with Him, to be for Him, to seek Him out, and to live for Him. He created all that there is, the seen and unseen, and yet He has taken extreme measures to bring us back when we go astray. Stay away from that which would be unpleasing to Him.

I have experienced a very intimate relationship with God. I believe He exists more than I could prove to myself that the people around me exist (if that makes sense). I know Him and I know myself, and beyond that may be a figment of one of our imaginations. But, sometimes, even I feel like I’m getting His answering machine and He’s avoiding my calls!

He always calls me back…

Be Not Afraid He says…Come follow Me and I will give you rest.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Peace be with you!:smiley:

The Devil wants you to believe that God is not real and he wants very much for you to be ashamed of yourself. God is not symbolic, or a “construct of our belief system.” He will uphold you and defend you from these dealers in the occult if you renounce them and cling to Him.

No one is here to make fun of you, especially not when you are in so much need of prayer. I will pray hard for you, and feel free to message me if you need support. I highly recommend the Rosary and the St. Michael Chaplet as you get through this difficult time.

Pax Tecum,
-S-

MissMichal, Thanks for the advice about praying the St. Michael chaplet. I am not really sure what I believe anymore, but I am willing to pray and leave myself open to the possibility—I just keep having doubts about praying…
Thanks again

Little one thanks too for your prayers and for taking time to post your advice.

:signofcross:

Your Dad is gone. Been there. Be gentle with yourself.

:hug1:

hello, Sea star:)

Sorry you have people harrassing you especially after you have lost your dad.

God says:Be still and know that I am God..I want you to keep saying that to yourself(make it your mantra) ,it helped me a lot during a very tough time in my life.

i hope it works for you as well.:o

Thanks Sailor K. and Majobe—I want for people to know how stupid I felt, but only because I thought I was SO smart. It isn’t as simple as saying the stuff they say is poop, so what is the big deal–it is HOW they work on you that does the damage.

Don’t talk to those involved with Desteni.

the girl was sweet. Like my daughter. Sweet Venom.

Dear Sea Star,

Indeed, praying the St. Michel Chaplet is a great idea. They are a direct means of gaining powerful defense against the power of the enemy, and you have just experienced a severe demonic assault. The words you heard are Satanic, designed to shake the faith, counter to all that is true, as I know you are aware. You’ve cut off access between yourself and the people through whom Satan was speaking, which was critically important to accomplish, and you can be sure you did God’s will in closing that door. However, sometimes an evil spirit can continue to harass a person after an encounter like that with doubts or other kinds of psychological pressure. The enemy probably has chosen now to attack you with this stuff and these thoughts and doubts because he sees you now as vulnerable, because you are hurting. The St. Michel Chaplet should serve to defend you from the enemy’s barbs. Praying to St. Michel has helped me in the past.

I would also recommend praying the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary; I suspect that they would also prove helpful at this time. Part of their nature is to reaffirm the value and deep beauty of the Christian faith, if one takes time to really think about the meditations for a while rather than hurrying through. I’ve found them extremely rewarding, even though I started out confused about what they meant and about what the value of some of them have in the Christian journey.

I think prayers and meditation are your best responses to the kind of attack you have experienced and are still, on a lower level, experiencing.

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. My parents are still alive, and I cannot imagine how terrible this must be. May God help you, support you and be with you every step, every day, at every moment with all His compassion, love, strength and care.

I’ll pray for you, Sea Star. You seem a very sweet person, from your posts, and I’m very sorry you are being made to suffer in such terrible ways.

Sea Star: These are the lyrics my all time fav church song and silent singing in my head, helps me when I am feeling bad, see verse 3 especially in your situation. I’ll keep you in my prayers, my dad died 13 years ago this august and it’s hard, but time (and prayer) really does have a way of helping us heal. We may not always like God’s answers to our prayers, but we have to remind ourselves to follow his will, rather than ours :slight_smile:

BE NOT AFRAID

1. You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst. You
    shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way. You shall speak
    your words in foreign lands and all will understand. You shall see the face
    of God and live.

R. Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me, and I will give
you rest.

1. If you pass through raging waters in the sea, you shall not drown. If
    you walk amid the burning flames, you shall not be harmed. If you stand
    before the pow’r of hell and death is at your side, know that I am with you
    through it all.

2. Blessed are your poor, for the kingdom shall be theirs. Blest are you
    that weep and mourn, for one day you shall laugh. And if wicked men insult
    and hate you all because of me, blessed, blessed are you!

Public Domain
                Words and Music by Unverified

You did a wise thing in asking if your thread belonged here. Yes and yes and yes! God has not left you. He maybe strengthened you for something. Jesus said “I am always with you”. Trust in His words and in Him. The most important thing for you to realize is that your faith brought you back from the edge. You are back safe in His arms!

I believe that we all go through trials and are tested by God in some form or another. How strong our faith is determines what the outcome is. Your faith sustained you and I don’t believe you even realized that. I think you should also seek out a priest or other religious who can help you get started on your path back in the light. This person, Destini, may have had a serpent’s tongue and vemon, but God prevented it from destroying your soul.

Everyone’s suggestion on prayer I believe is are on the mark. I will add you to my prayers nightly.

Don’t give up! I lost my mother when I was 21. The anniversity of her day is weeks away. I was so totally mad at God at that time, I became distracted from Him. This is sad for all who expierence the death of a parent.

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.