Does this count as masturbating?

I’m sorry to have another question regarding masturbating…
This morning I realized just how much I love one woman. Just her. I knew that masturbation is a bad thing to to. But the feelings I had were really strong. I wasn’t thinking of sexual thoughts, like naked women or anything. But due to these really strong feelings I had ejectulation, not caused by the physical act of masturbating. Should this be confessed? I can understand if the act of the will should have been stronger than the feeling…

If this is something that should be confessed, I can ask the pastor tomorrow right after mass…

[quote="RichardG, post:1, topic:347407"]
I'm sorry to have another question regarding masturbating..
This morning I realized just how much I love one woman. Just her. I knew that masturbation is a bad thing to to. But the feelings I had were really strong. I wasn't thinking of sexual thoughts, like naked women or anything. But due to these really strong feelings I had ejectulation, not caused by the physical act of masturbating. Should this be confessed? I can understand if the act of the will should have been stronger than the feeling..

If this is something that should be confessed, I can ask the pastor tomorrow right after mass..

[/quote]

Remember the three things that must take place for a mortal sin:

1 Grave matter
2 Full knowledge
3. Full consent of the will

If I were you I would talk to my pastor, just to be sure.

God Bless!

-Vince

It probably doesn't even count as ejaculation, if I'm guessing right about what you're describing, let alone masturbation.

Well, technically ejaculation is simply the emission of the seminal fluids... so it is what it is, regardless of how the situation comes to occur.

You should probably avoid thinking lustful thoughts about the object of your desires, especially if your ardour is quite that inflamed, as you could quite easily embarrass yourself, if nothing else.

As for mortal sin, the emission itself probably doesn't count, because you didn't will it to happen (although it could if you did it again deliberately). The thoughts you were having in the first place were, presumably, willingly enjoyed however, therefore you should ask yourself whether they themselves were the sinful matter.

Confession never hurts but I would not worry about this particular incident.

The Holy Father reminds us:

Moreover, pastors and the lay faithful who accompany their brothers and sisters in faith or on a journey of openness to God must always remember what the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches quite clearly: “Imputability and responsibility for an action can be diminished or even nullified by ignorance, inadvertence, duress, fear, habit, inordinate attachments, and other psychological or social factors”. Consequently, without detracting from the evangelical ideal, they need to accompany with mercy and patience the eventual stages of personal growth as these progressively occur. I want to remind priests that the confessional must not be a torture chamber but rather an encounter with the Lord’s mercy which spurs us on to do our best. A small step, in the midst of great human limitations, can be more pleasing to God than a life which appears outwardly in order but moves through the day without confronting great difficulties. Everyone needs to be touched by the comfort and attraction of God’s saving love, which is mysteriously at work in each person, above and beyond their faults and failings.

I’m afraid you’re wrong. I’ve encountered, I know now that I wanted the ejeculation to happen, unfortunately. So it is something I need to confess… It didn’t happen with masturbating in the sense of doing physical things, but I still wanted it to happen…

Tomorrow I’ll ask the pastor of I can confess… If it cannot be done at that time (though I hope so) is will be next week.

Thank you all for the answers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.