Does this prayer exist?

I’ve been suffering from some stress and anxiety lately and because of that I’ve lost motivation to do the things I should be doing, I’ve also gotten bad at procrastination. Is there a prayer I can say to try and get my head back on straight so I’m not as inclined to be lazy?

That {{IS}*} your prayer…

Most Holy and Beloved Lord, I’ve been suffering from some stress and anxiety lately and because of that I’ve lost motivation to do the things I should be doing, I’ve also gotten bad at procrastination. Will you help me to try and get my head back on straight so I’m not as inclined to be lazy? Amen.

Prayer doesn’t have to be flowery and formal. Many people have composed “beloved” prayers that were once thier own simple words. But they spoke to others when said.

That being said…JUST PRAY.

Hi Airborne21B:

Perhaps taking a very simple approach would be useful. All of us need to spend quality time listening to God. Try sitting in a quiet place that is comfortable and pleasant, maybe a living room chair, and repeating the following phrase: ***Jesus, Lord Jesus ***- over and over while trying to keep your mind clear and your eyes closed for about 10 minutes. Once the cloud of anxiety lifts, and this may take a while - a few days, move on to some other simple prayers (Rosary or get a Catholic prayer book). A few weeks later you could consider joining the prayer chain in your parish and praying for others - most parishes this takes 10 minutes a day. Once we can get to point of listening to God, and then praying for the needs of others vs. our own personal and often selfish needs, then the anxieties and worries melt away and we find prayer a much more rewarding experience.

My wife would say we can also pray with our bodies so you could serve at a soup kitchen, visit the sick or older folks of your parish, or rake leaves for people from your parish who need it - all of these things can help you lose the anxiety and find time for talking to and listening to God.

Hope this helps in some small way. Best wishes for your prayer life and your service to God’s people.

God bless you and give you strength, hope, and courage to live out the life He has planned for you. Amen.

The two posters before me have said it all so beautifully and simply. God bless them.

Please God, if you need any help to get over your stress and lethargy, so reminescent of depression, I pray that God will help you receive it, and will pray for that. I pray also that you will be able to find ways to handle your overload and stress with peace and wisdom. I pray for simplicity, wisdom, and strength for you, and that your kindness and courtesy to others will bring you much blessing.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.