Does time of day play a role in your faith?

I’ve found that I feel much more connected to God when it’s dark out, than I do when it’s light out. Seems like I’m the only one who experiences this phenomenon though… So I asked for your guys’ input.

God bless :slight_smile:

Oh, I think this is quite reasonable. Darkness puts many worldly distractions to bed (so to speak). The hustle and bustle largely ceases. Nature can more easily be heard. Depending on where you live, most of the man-made ugliness of society is dimmed down, allowing one to better imagine beauty than during the day when the hard-edged artificiality of man’s constructs make so much awful mental noise that one can hardly reflect on anything interior. The body naturally is more restful and meditative. Probably dozens of other reasons, but I fully can connect with your sentiment here.

I’m the opposite…By nightfall, I’m so exhausted that I fall asleep during my prayers alot of the time. Morning or early afternoon are when I feel the most connected to he Lord :slight_smile:

Mornings for me!

It hasn’t mattered to me in a long time, especially as I regularly prayed the Liturgy of the Hours everyday.

A book I had on Gregorian Chant, which was based on the Divine Office calls each hour as “the season of the day.”

The author described the angell assigned to that particular hour and the spiritual aspect specific in that moment of prayer.

In fact, it’s a good time to dig that book out of my library and refresh mysef.

When I find it, I’ll let you know the title and author, but I know it’s no longer in print.

Jim

Being that this weekend we’re supposed to set the clocks ahead
and spring forward to Daylight Savings Time,
and that I wouldn’t have known except for visiting a different forum
where the time change is being discussed,
I might have had a bit of a problem with Mass attendance tomorrow.
Thankfully, now I know to set the clocks
so the time of day won’t play as big a role in my faith
as it otherwise could have.
:slight_smile:

Discover the Liturgy of the Hours. Sanctifies all the times of the day.

Pay special attention to 3:00 in the afternoon local time and commemorate the hour that Jesus died on the cross for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.