Does your church teaches about the Illuminati?

Why? Is it right? What does Roman Catholics says about it?

It’s a man made conspiracy theory which serves to only give people fear. It associates itself with the belief of the Freemasons which has not be inline or accepted by the Catholic church. The Church lives by the gospel which says ‘Do not fear for I am the Lord Thy God.’ and the NWO conspiracy theories do anything but… All I have ever seen it do is drive people to fear and it certainly isn’t inline with more traditional Orthodox Christianity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, “enlightened”) is a name given to several groups, both real and fictitious. Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. The society’s goals were to oppose superstition, prejudice, religious influence over public life and abuses of state power, and to support women’s education and gender equality. The Illuminati—along with other secret societies—were outlawed by the Bavarian ruler, Charles Theodore, with the encouragement of the Roman Catholic Church, and were permanently disbanded in 1785.[1] In the several years following, the group was vilified by conservative and religious critics who claimed that they had regrouped and were responsible for the French Revolution.

What’s wrong with religious influence over public life? Our world needs God’s influence…

My priest is preaching on the illuminati the next week. This week he’s preaching on the Bigfoot.

Forgot to add the wink. :wink:

I like your replies bingbell…:slight_smile:

My church doesn’t teach anything about it because it doesn’t exist.

There is an article in the *Catholic Encyclopedia *on the original “Illuminati.”

Precisely. The whole “Illuminati” thing is the province of late-night radio talk shows, and fevered fundamentalist radio preachers who draw their audience - and make their living - by weaving conspiracy tales involving one or more of their favorite “ingredients:” Take one portion of Illuminati, add a dash of Bilderbergers, a cup of Rothschilds, a bit of Bohemian Grove, maybe a smidgen of Skull and Bones, an ounce of “Vatican wealth,” a cup of Jesuits, a goodly portion of the Mark of the Beast, stir for 666 minutes, and voila: a finished banquet of conspiracy, ready to serve to your gullible audience.

While we must certainly separate the wheat from the chaff on this subject, those who so readily dismiss talk of the Illuminati should note that it is well documented that numerous key members and founders of the original Bavarian Illuminati, including Adam Weishaupt, assimilated into Freemasonry and took much of their ideology with them. Love them or hate them, ChurchMilitant.tv has done a pretty thorough expose of the Freemasons, including the influence of the Illuminati on modern Freemasonry. Anyone who is interested can find the documentary here: churchmilitant.tv/platform/index.php?vidID=ciax-2013-09-20&ssnID=227

To address one particular claim mentioned by a previous poster, numerous French politicians and public figures in the years following the French revolution did, in fact, publicly credit said revolution to the (post-illuminati) Freemasons. This fact is covered extensively in the aforementioned documentary.

Is that from Years A, B, or C cycle of scripture readings? I think you’re on B, and not keeping up (or are fibbing). This week we learned about the unicorn (aurochs). Next week is Roswell.

Sorry, nothing but orthodox homilies at my parishes. Even in the sermons I’ve heard, a priest has yet to foray into cryptozoology and conspiracy theories.

is that the Paula Deen recipe or the low fat version?

LOL!:smiley:

“What’s wrong with religious influence over public life? Our world needs God’s influence.”

Look at the Arab world

I am not sure that any particular country that is not Islamic has significant religious influence excluding vatican City -what non Islamic country is their a significant religous influence -perhaps the USA? with the influence of the Evangelicals on the right wing of the Republican Party?

:blush:

I love this^^^^
I have a dear dear friend on CAF that believes in all this stuff…says her pastor & his friends talk about it all the time and it’s REAL. She send me videos…she’s ALWAYS scared. Always worried about groups that are planning to blow up the White House, or something.
I keep trying to tell her to trust in God, because in the end, that’s really all we can do. And most of this stuff is just bogus. But she thinks I’m being naïve.
While we laugh, some people are all worked up about it. Drives me nuts.

But thanks for the giggle. :slight_smile:

Pax Christi!

The Church of Pseudohistory has readings from Cycle Aliens, Cycle Bigfoot, and Cycle Conspiracies.

Sigh…

God bless.

A Tri-Cycle, then.

GKC

There’ we’re talking politics and politics is not religion. I’d go on but it’d go off topic…

I’m glad you reminded me. As I understand it, Paula Deen is secretly financed by the Rockefellers, the goal being for her high-fat cooking to make Americans overweight and indolent, and thus an easy target for the New World Order. :smiley:

Just awesomeness on a stick!
:rotfl:

I’m surprised, there’s nobody here say something like “my church does”. I get to Illuminati teachings by churches left and right in the internet.

Most Catholic parishes I know of, including my own, never touch on this subject, and I believe it is because the infiltration of the Masonic Illuminati has reached the entire Catholic hierarchy to the Holy See and the Vatican, not to mention all the Masonic bishops who refuse to heed the words of Our Lady and consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart, reveal the full Third Secret of Fatima, and restore the True Mass. Pope Leo XIII wrote 4 encyclicals in his 8 year pontificate on the dangers of Freemasonry to the Christian Church (particularly Catholicism) and how it has infiltrated and corrupted the Church from within like a Trojan horse. He declared, as does the Church as a whole, anyone who enjoins himself thereto as “anathema”. Of course all this is being stifled by the evil powers that be in the Catholic Church. Satan will attempt to take down Christ’s Church through the Illuminati and all forms of secret societies which is why the Church has always condemned them…In all my life as a Catholic, I have never had a pastor ever be willing to discuss this subject no matter how many letters or conversations I have had with any of them. They are screamingly silent on the subject, and I believe God will hold them all accountable for it. In fact I know of a nun in Catholic school who continued to stifle a high school student who kept asking questions during class about freemasonry. After a year of it, the nun took the student aside and said that the student knew quite a bit more than the other students about these things, and they all would not understand it, so she kept to other topics…That is true…It is like a big secret they all go to great lengths to keep quiet about. Almost like a skeleton in the Catholic closet.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.