Does your parish offer daily weeknight Masses?

Some parishes have an evening Mass once or twice a week, alternating with the morning Mass. Some of them just do a morning Mass at the same time every day. I can usually find a Mass to go to up to about 6 pm but nothing later than that on weekdays, unless it’s a Holy Day of Obligation. I can also understand why they don’t like to go too late since most of the weekday attendees are older people who prefer to go during daylight hours.

We’re fortunate around here. Where I live, Mass is offered 7 days a week. The earliest is at 6:30am and the latest is typically 5:15-5:30pm, with options in between. Where I work (different city), it’s 7:30am, 9am, noon, and 5:15pm M-F. That’s a combination of the parishes within reasonable distance of one another.

Of course, even with all of those options, when you factor in the schedules of work and children, it’s challenging for me to make it more than once or twice a week, if I’m lucky.

Precisely what I was thinking. Good luck finding one of our many priests in town with an evening free. It seems there’s a meeting or activity of some sort for them every night.

We have daily Mass at 6 PM Tuesday-Friday (Monday is the priests’ day off).
There is a faithful group of people that attend.
The organ is not used, however, which is fine with me. I find it easier to sing without it :slight_smile:

No morning Mass here, only Fridays during Advent when we have the Rorate Mass at 6.30 AM accompanied by candle light in an otherwise dark church. Magical!

My parish daily mass (and on days of obligation) is at 9:00 a.m. It is frustrating to me that I can’t attend my own parish on days of obligation.

We only have one weeknight Mass Tuesdays @ 6pm. It is in Spanish though.

You should make a suggestion that they intruduce evening Mass on days of obligation. I’m sure you’re not the only one who wants it.

The parish I go to at the moment does on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday preceeded by evening prayer. Tuesday there’s a morning Mass instead and Friday is Father’s day off.

There is an evening mass, which I should have disclosed. The problem for my family is that the evening mass is after my kids’ bedtime, my wife works, and one of us has to stay home while the kids sleep. So, we are in a situation where one of us is likely to miss mass unless we find an alternative location/time that works. Sometimes, this is feasible, sometimes it’s not.

No, and I don’t see it very often around here in the English-speaking community. There are, however, several parishes with a Hispanic population, and they tend to have at least a few weeknight Masses in Spanish. One parish that is primarily Hispanic has a daily 6:00 pm Mass.

Yes, as a person with a family, the last thing I want to do is go out into the dark after dinner once we’re all snuggled down for the evening. We manage two different youth group nights for church, and we’re going to have to add in a couple months of confirmation classes for our oldest, but it is not my favorite thing.

Yes:
massschedule
The Priest has Fridays off. The Office is closed on Friday too.

Our two weekday Masses here (we are a mission Church) are 6:30 AM on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

The weekday Masses at our Mother Church are 12:15 PM Wednesdays & 5:30 PM Fridays.

We have Mass in the morning and Mass in the evening every day. We are blessed.

The Parish here cannot. 1 priest for 3 towns some distance from each other (parishes). I’m commending him for doing mass 3 times on a Sunday morning at them all. And obviously attending to all the other requirments.

We have daily Mass M-F at 7:00 am and 1 weekday evening Mass. We have one priest and in addition to those Masses he does two school Masses every week and Mass at some of the care facilities in town.

No, but I wish they did as we would be able to take advantage of it as a family. I would love to go to mass at least once on a weeknight as a family. As it is we have a 6am, 9am and 12pm mass Mom-fri and a 9am and 12pm on Saturdays. Also once a month we have a mass on Sunday evenings for the youth ministry followed by a dinner, and we do go to that.

6:00 p.m. every night except Mondays (Father’s day off). The parish up the road that shares Father with us has the daily morning Mass.

Is it well attended?

My parish had daily 07:00, 12:10 and 7:00PM Masses for decades.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.