Doesn't fit

first let me apologize if this is in the wrong forum, I just did not know where to put it.

I have left Islam once and for all. I do not know where I will go but I know I am Christian. And in an odd way it really feels like I never left. The whole time I was trying to be Muslim it was as if something was constantly tugging at me as if no matter what I tried I could find no peace within. A voice in my head would tell me, ‘this isn’t right’ , ‘you are worshiping Satan’ and things of this such. ( No, I am not delusional and no I do not hear voices on a regular basis or anything of that sort )

I am not the kind to try and put down any religion. For the most part I feel that they are harmless except for being mistaken and leading people to Hell but while with Islam I truly felt like I was following something wicked. The more I learned the more I became disturbed. Even the answers to my questions were disturbing. It was not major things but little things that I noticed and it was like the voice would say as I saw them, ‘see I told you, Satan. Allah is Satan.’ but I don’t know.

Maybe I was being paranoid but every sign to me pointed that it was wrong or evil and again I hate to single out any one religion like this but can anyone explain to me why I was unable to become Muslim in my heart?

That is the ultimate purpose of this post is to try and understand why the whole time I was trying to be Muslim [saying fajr, asr, duhr, maghrib and isha (salah) as proscribed, taking the shahada, making wudu, learning the chapters of the qur’an (only learned surah al-fatiha and al-inklas) and of course the greeting between muslims and similar expressions] I could not get rid of this nagging voice and feeling that Jesus was the only way to salvation and Christianity the true religion?

I pray the Holy Spirit continues to guide you.

Jon

[quote="abdullahfathi, post:1, topic:284988"]

Maybe I was being paranoid but every sign to me pointed that it was wrong or evil and again I hate to single out any one religion like this but can anyone explain to me why I was unable to become Muslim in my heart?

That is the ultimate purpose of this post is to try and understand why the whole time I was trying to be Muslim [saying fajr, asr, duhr, maghrib and isha (salah) as proscribed, taking the shahada, making wudu, learning the chapters of the qur'an (only learned surah al-fatiha and al-inklas) and of course the greeting between muslims and similar expressions] I could not get rid of this nagging voice and feeling that Jesus was the only way to salvation and Christianity the true religion?

[/quote]

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Luke 12:34). This is Jesus' wisdom regarding the kingdom of God but also what you really want deep inside. Follow the intuition of your heart and try to find out more about Jesus and who he is through prayer; and knowledge of the Bible and the Church.

May God bless you in your search of Him.

Because of a private message I received I would like to clarify something. I was not a born Muslim, I was a Christian first. Most of my life I was a protestant but back when I was like six or so I was baptised Catholic so you can figure out which denomination I was.

Welcome home. Sometimes it takes a while. :cool:

[size=]Because of your Catholic baptism, you are Catholic! The Holy Spirit, whom you received at Baptism, has called you home! If I am incorrect, someone else can correct me, but I BELIEVE as a baptized Catholic, you can go to Confession, confess converting to Islam, receive Grace, and then begin learning about the Catholic faith through RCIA or such.[/size]

this is most interesting....

I am interested in all theories on this matter. I have learned to be humble & am listening eager to hear all theories.

[quote="abdullahfathi, post:7, topic:284988"]
this is most interesting....

I am interested in all theories on this matter. I have learned to be humble & am listening eager to hear all theories.

[/quote]

God never ceases to draw us to himself.

I agree with Veronica, you need to get back to the faith that Jesus called you to. He wants you back. Prayers going up for you. God bless you.

[quote="abdullahfathi, post:1, topic:284988"]
That is the ultimate purpose of this post is to try and understand why the whole time I was trying to be Muslim [saying fajr, asr, duhr, maghrib and isha (salah) as proscribed, taking the shahada, making wudu, learning the chapters of the qur'an (only learned surah al-fatiha and al-inklas) and of course the greeting between muslims and similar expressions] I could not get rid of this nagging voice and feeling that Jesus was the only way to salvation and Christianity the true religion?

[/quote]

I think there are two reasons. Firstly, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He didn't just speak truth, He is Truth. It is natural that you would be drawn to what's real and true.

Secondly, you were baptised. Baptism is a powerful spiritual transaction between your parents on your behalf, and Almighty God. That doesn't just go away, no matter who far you wander from the path. :)

[quote="Godith, post:10, topic:284988"]
I think there are two reasons. Firstly, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He didn't just speak truth, He is Truth. It is natural that you would be drawn to what's real and true.

Secondly, you were baptised. Baptism is a powerful spiritual transaction between your parents on your behalf, and Almighty God. That doesn't just go away, no matter who far you wander from the path. :)

[/quote]

That is an interesting way to see things. I kind of thought it might have to do with something about me already having been saved and the Bible verse where it says that Jesus claimed that no one can take his children from him.

I have recently felt a very strong pull by the Holy Spirit in my life to become Catholic, so I can relate in a way to your story. My best advice would be to study scripture and seek out all things Christ. You will feel something happening inside you when you encounter the truth. I'm sure I didn't put that in the best way, but you will see what I mean.

God Bless

Jack Handy

He does say that, yes. John 10 v27-28 - My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of my hand.

I’ve just re-read your posts, and realised you said you were protestant before. If you made your own commitment to Christ then, that makes a big difference, too, because that is also a spiritual transaction that has great power in a person’s life.

I believe the Bible teaches that Christians ‘are saved, are being saved, and will be saved’, all at the same time. In the verse I quoted above, Jesus it talking about His sheep, who follow Him. The ongoing process of salvation (we are being saved) requires us to follow. If we stop following Jesus, and instead follow something else, at the very least, that places our salvation in doubt. That’s not something to worry about, though. You are coming back to Christianity, and obviously God knew that would happen, because there isn’t anything He doesn’t know. He loves you, and He’s been waiting and longing for you to come home.

I don’t know if that answers your question, or is just more confusing. Either way, if you haven’t already, find yourself a parish, and get stuck in. Talk to a priest. Find people who can support and encourage you in your journey. I’ll pray for you.

Welcome home brother!

I'm praying for you! I pray you will be lead closer to Jesus Christ and that you will return to Christianity! My advice is to read the Bible and pray. God will take control and lead you where you need to be!
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."~Proverbs 3:5-6

You have come to the right place and we are all here for you. There are so many members here, including myself who are learned in the faith and will answer any question you may ask. I just hope and pray that you don't go looking outside of the Church which Christ Himself founded. You were baptised Catholic and you always will be Catholic. You have been called home to the family who has Jesus Christ at its head. He is the Vine and we are the Branches.

Can I suggest getting hold of "The Catholic Answer Bible. It is the full Catholic Bible and has inserts which give simple answers to the fundamental questions about our faith such as: Why do we as Catholics confess sins to priests?" It then leads to the scriptural verses to explain. It is important to read the Bible in accordance with the teaching authority of the Church; the Magesterium. We need guidance and cannot interpret scripture on our own.

I got mine from Amazon. I hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.