Doesn't Matthew 5:17-20 say we are bound by the old testaments law?

Does Matthew 5:17-20 bind us to the old law? (Law of Moses).

““Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven. I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:17-20

Does Malachi 3:6-24 say that Gods Law will never change, thus we are bound to the Law of Moses? And is not this idea of us being bound to the law of Moses held up in the gospel (Matthew 5:17) when Jesus says He has come not to abolish the Law, rather to fulfill it and none of it would pass away until the end of the world? Then in St.Paul’s letter to the Romans in Romans 3:31 when St.Paul says we are “supporting the law” rather then declaring the Law null and void (annulling the law)? Then in the Old Testament, we have Danial 7:25 expiressing that there will be a day when some evil thing is trying to change Gods laws and such? (The article I read this from claims it is the Catholic Church which is what Danial is referring to in this chapter).

Please don't just give me a link redirect. Those never help me when I ask a question.

:shrug::blush::(

The following links should help answer your question about Jesus and the Old Law. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

How do I reconcile Hebrews 7:11-12 and Matthew 5:17-19?
Jesus and the Law
Question on old testament

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.