"Doing the best we can"

Question specifically for fellow Protestants but everyone is free to discuss.

1. Is there one specific denomination, if you will (catholics please don’t throw trantrums about how you’re not a denomination, okay? look beyond that a second and stick with the point) that is the MOST TRUE out of all the others?

2. Do you (non-Catholics) believe that your particular tradition/denomination is the most true to what God intended the church to be?

3. Do you believe that we’re all just supposed to “do the best we can” concerning what’s “essential” and what’s not, which interpretation of various scriptures are correct, etc. and hope to the high heavens we’re close to the target?

1. Is there one specific denomination, that is the MOST TRUE out of all the others?

No

1. Do you (non-Catholics) believe that your particular tradition/denomination is the most true to what God intended the church to be?

No

1. Do you believe that we’re all just supposed to “do the best we can” concerning what’s “essential” and what’s not, which interpretation of various scriptures are correct, etc. and hope to the high heavens we’re close to the target?

yes, with exception to “hoping to the high heavens were close” It indicates a wild guess and that is certainly not accurate of churches or individuals. Doing the best sums it better.

[QUOTEyes, with exception to “hoping to the high heavens were close” It indicates a wild guess and that is certainly not accurate of churches or individuals. Doing the best sums it better.]

Hmm…I see your point, but I only sort of agree. I would concede that it’s not a WILD guess. But I would have to say it still ends up being a guess to some degree.

difference between a wild guess and a educated one thats all. I would not want to presume people made decisions wildly, theres too much of that assumption already :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.