Dominican sisters witness through Bible game show appearance

The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist will be on the “American Bible Challenge” with Jeff Foxworthy

Three religious sisters are participating in a unique evangelization effort by competing on a Bible trivia game show in hopes of supporting their community.

“This isn’t something we would normally do, but when the opportunity arose, Mother (Assumpta Long) discerned that it would be good not only for the benefit of our community, but also for the New Evangelization,” Sr. Maria Suso of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist told CNA March 15.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/dominican-sisters-witness-through-participation-in-bible-game-show/

Sweeet!

I hope they kick ***.

I’m betting there will be no questions on Maccabees though.

I heard about this, I think it’s awesome. I wonder who they will be competing against. Who would be a fair match-up? I also assume that the trivia will be based on the Protestant Bible.

I don’t have that channel, so I hope someone will report on the show. I’d love to hear the
results.

Here are the Sisters of Mary celebrating the papal election!
youtube.com/watch?v=GScyqXchS6c&feature=player_embedded

They are all wonderful!

I absolutely LOVE how frantic they got when someone yelled “white smoke!”

“I heard ‘white smoke’ and I was like, ‘What’s burning?’” :smiley: I just want to give them all a loving hug!

Good for them! I hope they win.

They did, by a landslide. :thumbsup: That $20,000 for their retirement fund

youtube.com/watch?v=CwRK4T5lBg4&feature=player_embedded

So exciting!

They were having trouble figuring out how hard to press the buzzer at first, and they missed the first few questions, including one about where Joseph found the 12 year old Jesus…imagine, Dominican nuns missing the fifth joyful mystery…:smiley:

I saw the Bible game show last night for the frist time and I loved it. That was a lot of fun and I was so happy to see a Catholic team…kept cheering for them and I am happy for all the teams: )

Everybody learns something from each other. We need to see more of this kind of show… looking forward to the next episode: )

Interview with Sister Maria Suso - On Scripture and Spoon-Flipping

Interesting, thanks for posting!

facebook.com/dsmme?fref=ts This is their Facebook page. They have a few links to the game show. This was one of the times when I wish I had more than just rabbit ear tv

I know they made the final round, but I did not see it - How did they do?

I think they came in 2nd. Didn’t get to see the show but they were on one of the EWTN Live
shows and that’s what I remember them saying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.