Don’t be afraid of love

Everbody-needs-a-little l-o-v-e.
Finally, a friend.
Be for real and show His mercy to all walks of life, esp. to others who treat you merciless.
As we forgive those who what?
Trespass against us.
Your heart wants to reach out!

To find Love and to attempt to mirror it in all its perfection is why we are all here :thumbsup: :wink:

Sounds easy, but we all have a lot to learn :blush:

God Bless and Regards Tony

Beautiful thread!

Forgive my ignorance, friends, but what is the Baha’i religion? :confused:

Well played my friends, well played.

[LIST]
[/LIST]

Hello dear friend :slight_smile:

The Bahai religion was founded by Baha’u’llah and it’s three core beliefs are:

The oneness of God
The essential oneness of religion
The oneness of humanity.

You can discover more at the global website:

www.bahai.org

Thanks for your question :slight_smile:

Interesting…
Please answer yes or no.
Is Jesus Christ the Son of God, the second person of the Holy Trinity, who was crucified for our sins?

Yes :slight_smile:

Please get this ‘message’ friend.
+++ Jesus is God. +++

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen. Alleluia.

I got the message dear friend :slight_smile:

Jesus is God
Krishna is God
The Bab is God
Zoroaster is God
Baha’u’llah is God

Will the real God please stand up!!

Why is Jesus God, and not the others?

You sound like a very nice and sincere person, so please don’t take this as a rude answer. It was just the first thing that popped into my head, and as I thought more about it, it seemed like an appropriate, although corny-sounding, response.

You ask, “Why is Jesus God, and not the others?”
Why is a pencil a pencil, and a pen a pen?
Why are the Sun and the Moon different entities?
They are separate entities, each with their own properties.

All of those entities you listed cannot all be God. They can be someone’s perception/belief of who God is, but only one can be the True God.

Jesus performed miracles which were witnessed by many throughout Israel. He was crucified and died, but was resurrected and appeared to many people, some of whom endured great difficulties – even death – travelling the known world telling people about Him.

Miracles involving Jesus’ mother have been witnessed by many throughout history.

Miracles involving the Eucharist (His body and blood, transubstantiated from bread and wine), have been witnessed several times through the centuries.

Miracles involving His most adherent followers – later proclaimed saints by the Catholic Church – have been documented by medical doctors and other professionals.

Hope this helps.

That is my biggest problem: I am afraid of love for fear of losing it.
And it affects my relatioship with God.

As I lost my father and mother at 4 and 9 years of age, that problem has been with me since.

Thanks.

Dear brother in Christ,

You’re response was not rude at all :slight_smile:

All of these characteristics apply to all the other figures too.

At the same time one could argue that in order to believe in Jesus, one only needs to witness what Peter witnessed before the Resurrection.

All events post-resurrection are really not absolutely necessary to believe that Jesus was God. The same applies therefore to all the other Figures claiming Godhead :slight_smile:

I hope that makes sense?

God bless you I lost my father at 13.

With prayer and ardent worship of my Lord I have found he has influenced my life more comprehensively than I could possibly imagine.

I will keep your parents in my prayers :slight_smile:

Jesus is God because He is God. Period.
The others are not God because they are not God. Period.
Don’t give orders to God to stand up. You ought stand up before Jesus Christ. Period.
After your death, you (and me) will solve all your (and mine) doubts.

Are you sure of what you say that you feel your father’s presence?

I will not respond to your previous post. It is contrary to the spirit of this thread.

However in response to this post, I can categorically tell you that my father died 27 years ago and he was responsible for my meeting my wife. (She dreamt of me BEFORE I even met her, and she KNEW I would be her husband when we first got introduced)

Plus, I know for a fact that he is caring for the souls of my two unborn children, especially the first one, Noor, who tells us about him through dreams.

There are several other miracles which I will not recount here, but as a Bahai, I experience miracles aplenty…

:slight_smile:

Greetings brother. All love and blessings be upon you by the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I must say plainly, because that we travel down this path hand in hand, that I am somewhat frustrated by your inability to best this Baha’i-ist in charitable conversation. It appears as this one, Servant19, has displayed more loving kindness in his temper than yourself. This should not be so, my friend. We cannot allow ourselves as Catholics to ever be “out-loved” by non-believers. Please take no offense as I intend none at all. I am truly your servant in Christ Jesus. And as such I am offering to you my counsel so that in the future you may always be victorious in your steadfast love.

Peace be with you and all blessing through the grace of God Almighty -

Zac

With all respect, I find it hard to understand your comment that “All of these characteristics [of Christ, His Church, and His saints] apply to all the other figures too,” unless you are coming at from the “we are all one” perspective, meaning that what happens to one, happens to everyone, since we are all connected.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.