Don’t know how to answer this objection

That’s a rather post-modern revisionist take on Nietzsche, I’d assert. Reading his writings, it’s difficult to make the claim that he had a positive outlook on Jewish religion, culture, or ethnicity.

The best analysis I recall reading about the question was a review of a book (which itself claimed Nietzsche wasn’t anti-semitic). The reviewer commented that Nietzsche might not have been considered an anti-Semite in the context of the time and place of his life, but his words are certainly considered anti-Semitic now.

In any case, the OP’s statement really is a restatement of Nietzsche’s commentary on the motivation behind the genesis of the Hebrew faith. :man_shrugging:

Well this is assuming 2 things. God doesn’t exist (or at least the God of the Christian faith) and that there is no objective morality. Both are silly claims.

You should read up on what’s called Natural Law. I mean buy an actual book made for beginners (I always recommend Dr. Edward Feser as an author). My friend, growth in your faith takes time and dedication, so I encourage you to take a slow but steady approach to learning (something hard for us to do in the age of the internet). Natural Law will reshape how you understand goodness and morality. Please don’t go to William Lane Craig or the like to watch videos on objective morality. It’s all “you can feel morals” type of stuff, not great imo. Natural Law will show more definitively that there is objective right and wrong and is reflected in the 10 Commandments. They’re clearly not some power grab by Jews, but are a reflection of a real feature of our world: morality. Cheers and love!

Ask the person who makes such a charge, to prove that. Don’t think someone’s opinion is something that YOU automatically have to disprove. Make THEM do the work…first :slightly_smiling_face:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.