Donald Duck the Nazi O_O

This cartoon is just surreal:
youtube.com/watch?v=fZcs1SHVbz0

It's not surreal. It's anti-Nazi propaganda. We didn't have "political correctness" during World War II. We knew who our enemies were and weren't afraid to "offend," weren't afraid to call them names and satirize them. The Disney organization made a number of similar propaganda cartoons during the war. The public mindset at the time recognized them for what they were and how they were intended. There weren't any "activists" running around ready to blow the whistle - with the cooperation of the media - on someone who called someone a name, especially if they were trying to kill us at the time.

Ya, Disney was contracted during WWII to make propaganda films for allied forces. I think this is one of them. Of course, they would never do this now.

yeah I know. Different time, though.

It's quite hilarious to be honest with you. But yeah, the most surreal thing to me was the stereotypical Japanese guy near the beginning.

God bless :byzsoc:

David

It’s from Spike Jones and the City Slickers. Simply one of the best acts ever. If you can find episodes of Spike Jones from the Colgate Comedy Hour they are well worth watching.
Here’s The original Der Fuehrer’s Face by Spike Jones

youtube.com/watch?v=I1583adUqSg

Well before my time, but gotta love it anyway.

phaha nazi's

The Warner Brothers cartoons (Bugs Bunny etc) also had some WWII flicks which would be unthinkable by modern standards.

Here's another antinazi cartoon.

One part shows a bit of nazi iconoclasm, interestingly enough

youtube.com/watch?v=ASW3UCc17AI&feature=related

[quote="Dale_M, post:8, topic:250720"]
The Warner Brothers cartoons (Bugs Bunny etc) also had some WWII flicks which would be unthinkable by modern standards.

[/quote]

"Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" is one that comes to mind with its portrayal of the Japanese. I remember seeing the cartoon in the early 90s as a child but not very surprisingly it is not shown on the air anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=vidDHQ_66IU

Even Chaplin did "The Great Dictator", a classic film. But frankly, the Three Stooges made some of the funniest anti-Nazi/Jap shorts, including "You Nazty Spy".

My mother grew up on WW2 newsreels & propaganda. She'd die before using the "n-word" but when really furious would call Dad, "You dirty J-p!"

Likewise, she disliked the Beatles not due to long hair but cuz of the glasses, the same worn by the Japanese in selfsame WW2 movies.

You'll notice US propaganda was anti-Nazi but racially anti-Japanese.

[quote="justtryin, post:6, topic:250720"]
It's from Spike Jones and the City Slickers. Simply one of the best acts ever. If you can find episodes of Spike Jones from the Colgate Comedy Hour they are well worth watching.
Here's The original Der Fuehrer's Face by Spike Jones

youtube.com/watch?v=I1583adUqSg

Well before my time, but gotta love it anyway.

[/quote]

I saw this clip a long time ago. Didn't have a good view of the screen, but I was squinting my eyes and asking myself, were they flashing the BIRD??? And the answer is, yes they WERE!!!!! :bigyikes"

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.