Donald Trump Becomes First U.S. President to Speak at March for Life

Me too Horton.

You as well @TheLittleLady.

God bless

Cathoholic

2 Likes

As I’ve said before, I have never met the man, I have nothing reliable on which to know if I like him or not.

Those who can come up with a way to cover experimental treatment without their medical coverage paying for it are not poor.

My response is based on a very well researched knowledge of the medical system in the USA.

1 Like

You’ve spoken out against him many times on these forums, enough to know you are anti-Trump. Regardless of anyone’s politics, having the right to try treatments not normally used can be a life saver for many.

2 Likes

RTT allows the use of experimental drugs - that have passed Phase I clinical trials, after all of the therapies normally used are exhausted. It is vary hard to predict the affect of this legislation on saving lives.

In my case I have exhausted all therapies normally used. When my current medications stop working, and they always do, then I am out of options unless I want to take medications that will finish destroying my liver and then hope for a transplant, just to damage a new one. Or option two, take medications that, for me, are an extremely high risk for cancer. Once you’ve had cancer, your risk for getting cancer increases dramatically.

So while cancer for me is a death sentence and liver failure is quite possibly a death sentence, trying an experimental treatment under RTT could save my life.

It could, and best wishes. And it will certainly help advance knowledgeof the savfety and efficacy of these therapies that have Phase I trials.

I am always amazed at people who lack compassion for babies who can feel pain at 20 weeks. If we vote those politicians out of office who voted against the Pain-Capable Act, we can prevent a lot of gruesome procedures and unjustified pain.
The United States is one of only seven countries in the world that allows elective abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

4 Likes

The legal situation in the US varies by state. Of the 50 states and DC, only 8 allow elective (as you use the term) abortion beyond 24weeks/viability; 18 prohibit it after 20 weeks. All allow “therapeutic” abortions under various situations independent of gestational age.

dvdjs . . .

Of the 50 states and DC, only 8 allow elective abortion beyond 24weeks/viability

Are there ANY exceptions dvdjs?
And if so, WHY didn’t you put them up in your post?

1 Like

2 things that pro-lifers might need to be wary of:

1. pro-choicers who tell you that you shouldn’t be pro-life because President Trump is pro-life
  2. pro-choicers who tell you that it’s ok for Congress-people to vote against specific good pro-life legislation just because it doesn’t stop every single abortion
2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.