Donald Trump Checkup Said to Reveal He Is Overweight

NY Times:

Donald Trump Checkup Said to Reveal He Is Overweight

After a whiplash-inducing morning of mixed messages, Donald J. Trump on Wednesday opened a small window into some of the results from his most recent physical examination, revealing that he is overweight and takes a statin, a type of drug that lowers cholesterol.Mr. Trump gave the quick synopsis on Dr. Mehmet Oz’s television show after the Republican presidential nominee’s aides had said that he would, then that he would not, broach the topic with the doctor on the show.

A news release from “The Dr. Oz Show” said that Dr. Oz, “as all physicians do when seeing a patient for the first time,” took the candidate “through a full review of systems including the following: nervous system; head and neck; hormone levels; cardiovascular health and related medications; respiratory health; gastrointestinal health; bladder or prostate health; dermatological health; history of cancer.”
The release also said they reviewed “family medical history — occurrence of Alzheimer’s or dementia, heart disease, cancer in relatives.”
A Trump aide said that Dr. Oz, who focuses heavily on obesity, declared Mr. Trump “slightly overweight” with a weight of 236 pounds (although earlier reports put his weight at 267 pounds.)

Desperation is setting in.

Exactly. Most American’s are 10lbs overweight. Look at Hillary’s too.

Hardly a disqualifier in American politics. William Taft weighed 335 pounds.

The statin isn’t necessarily for his overweight. I’m about the same age and about 180 lbs and take Lipitor. In my case it’s necessary.

Just show me the medications he is supposed to take and whether he’s taking them. That’s all that within his control, along with exercise. Four paragraphs from one’s doctor is more for a reason to skip class than running a country.

Is that the worst they can do? Saint Thomas Aquinas was overweight too. :smiley:

(waiting for howls of protest… :p)

I would think that this non-story is being told simply to try to deflect attention from Hillary Clinton’s health condition. I would hope hers is not serious, but it may be an election-threatening problem. I presume we will find out which it is though before the election. This attempt to affect the election by throwing out remarks about Trump’s weight is feeble.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.