Donald Trump heaps praise on Hillary and Bill Clinton in first television interview since election

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/12/donald-trump-heaps-praise-on-hillary-and-bill-clinton-in-first-t/

**Donald Trump heaps praise on Hillary and Bill Clinton in first television interview since election

Donald Trump has lavished praise on Hillary Clinton in his first television interview since the election, describing the woman he has vowed to throw into prison as “very strong and very smart” and noting her grace.

Mr Trump has spent well over a year attacking “Crooked Hillary” - yet in an interview on Friday, to be broadcast on Sunday, he said he was impressed by her decency.

Asked about the moment Mrs Clinton called to concede defeat, Mr Trump said: "So, Hillary called, and it was a lovely call, and it was a tough call for her, I mean, I can imagine.

"Tougher for her than it would have been for me.

“I mean, for me, it would have been very, very difficult.”

"She couldn’t have been nicer. She just said, ‘Congratulations, Donald, well done.’

"And I said, ‘I want to thank you very much, you were a great competitor.’

"She is very strong and very smart. "

Mr Trump then said that he spoke to Bill Clinton the following day.

“He couldn’t have been more gracious. He said it was an amazing run. One of the most amazing he’s ever seen. He was very, very, really, very nice.”

Continuing his remarkable reinvention, Mr Trump described Mr Clinton - a man he so despised he summoned his former mistresses to appear seated before him, in public, at a presidential debate - as “a very talented guy.”

He said he may seek out his advice in the future, adding: “I mean, this is a very talented family. Certainly, I would certainly think about that.”

The future leader of the nation has, since Wednesday, been at great pains to present himself as “presidential” - striking a deferential, conciliatory tone when meeting
President Barack Obama, who he savaged on the campaign trail.

And he further explained his evolving position on Obamacare - one of Mr Obama’s most prized achievements.

He campaigned on a platform of immediately ripping up Obamacare.

Yet on Friday he indicated that Mr Obama explained the system to him during their White House meeting on Thursday, and there were elements of his system he wished to preserve.

They must have friends of Trump at some point since they were invited to Trump’s
wedding.

They were.

And a big part of it is being gracious in victory and also trying to reach out to HRC’s supporters. I don’t see this as a big deal.

Being talented and corrupted are not mutually exclusive. I’d say both are true. Trump is very savvy contrary to media portrayal. He knows diplomacy, how to leverage, when to attack, and when to let things go. His presidency will surprise many of his foes, but not his supporters at all.

Let’s see if you feel that way after a year or two.

google.com/search?q=pictures+of+clintons+and+trumps+together&biw=1280&bih=639&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwlZjJl6LQAhXowlQKHfFZB-cQsAQIGg

Very true. I felt that President Obama would unite people but it became quite clear after a few years that he was arrogant, condescending and, per one of his former aides, a misanthrope.

I welcome your challenge just as I do from those who were sure Hillary was going to win. :slight_smile:

Didn’t he say that he was gonna get a special prosecutor to arrest Hillary?

He just might, but either way, prosecuting hillary isn’t the reason he ran for president. His first priorities have been listed as healthcare, the economy and immigration. There is such a thing as priority!

I can’t believe how people just grab anything this guy says and does and study it under microscope to make him look bad. Oh well, go ahead and enjoy the games.

For over a year he hollered at the top of his lungs, repeal Obamacare. Now he is at least open, if you believe him, to amending it.

The guy hasn’t even got started on the project. He only had a meeting with Obama. He’s a pragmatist who will consider each and every option–that’s precisely how a business person is able to succeed; precisely why a leader needs to have principles as well as flexibility and unpredictability; precisely why he was able to win the presidency against all odds. Those who criticize him on this before he even takes office will always criticize.

Trump’s health care plan is being discussed here
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=1031412

I, for one, feel just as bad about the 2012 election as I did about the 2008.

It seems clear that your candidate did not win. That is called “life” and the other 50% of the nation has lived with it for the past eight years.

The “other 50%” have lived with it for 8 yrs complaining and opposing and trying to discredit the President the entire time from day 1.

The presidents Caesarian power grabs discredited him. What republicans did not do was cancel classes, burn cities and threaten to move to Canada (btw…good luck getting in with their immigration policy).

Reasons why we opposed it. SS marriage applauded and religious conscience ignored. We were told to literally Live with it. To make things perfectly clear after this decision the wh was lit up in rainbow colors. No room for religious conscience in Obamacare. He opposed the Little
Sisters of the Poor because of their opposition to contraception in it. And last but not least,
Transgender bathrooms that are supposed to be In all schools, churches snd businesses. That’s not all of them, but a good part of it. And the cherry on the top of this is his pro abortion
Stance he’s held even as a Senator. I have no animosity against him personally, but I
Don’t like these actions he took as president.

Even if he turns out to be a lame duck, I’d prefer that over the corruption that Hillary represented. Rule of law is critical for our future, we can’t ignore it because it’s convenient for your cause.

Nice to see all the charity on this thread! :slapfight: :stretcher:

Seems to me President-Elect Trump is being pragmatic, and surprisingly so.

He can’t just cancel Obamacare. A lot of people depend on it. He has to replace it with something. That’s now what he is saying he will do.

It would be imprudent to prosecute Hillary Clinton. Now that he has been elected, there is no political advantage to be gained by it, and much to lose.

Give the guy a chance. So far he’s doing fine.

Was that comment really necessary? Geez.
:rolleyes::

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.