Donald Trump, Marco Rubio Complain About Push Polls

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump and Marco Rubio are complaining about what they say are unfavorable robo-calls about them in South Carolina – accusing Ted Cruz’s campaign of engaging in shady tactics in the presidential race.

The robocalls were reported on Thursday by The Washington Post, which talked with voters about the calls that sounded at first like surveys and then grew sharply negative about Rubio, a Florida senator, and billionaire businessman Trump.

The Post connected the calls to a firm started by Cruz campaign manager Jeff Roe, and both the Rubio and Trump campaigns were quick to point the finger at their rival as the three slug it out in South Carolina.

“We are getting reports from many voters that the Cruz people are back to doing very sleazy and dishonest ‘pushpolls’ on me. We are watching!” Trump tweeted.

Read more here

Politics is definitely a dirty business.

Push polls are part of the business. I’ve gotten them in the past from campaigns, from public policy groups, etc. They just are. Of course, no one really knows how effective they are (I just always say that my opinion hasn’t changed after every question because I know the Qs are slanted).

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.