Donald Trump Slams ‘Fake News’ BuzzFeed, HuffPo After Mass Layoffs

Donald Trump Slams ‘Fake News’ BuzzFeed, HuffPo After Mass Layoffs

Joshua Caplan 26 Jan 2019 Breitbart News

President Donald Trump on Saturday blamed “fake news” and “bad journalism” for the recent mass layoffs at BuzzFeed and the Huffington Post and predicted more journalists will lose their jobs as a result of it.

“‘Ax falls quickly at BuzzFeed and Huffpost!’ Headline, New York Post. Fake News and bad journalism have caused a big downturn,” President Trump tweeted. “Sadly, many others will follow. The people want the Truth!” . . .

. . . BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti wrote employees Wednesday that the layoffs will help the media organization avoid having to raise money from investors once more. . . .

Whew! It’s a good thing I know how to code now. For click-baity “journalists”? I think they can continue on their own as bloggists with rich cultural gems such as “10 Ways You Know You’ve Hit Rock Bottom With Masters Degree in Gender Studies” or “What is the Nutritional Makeup of Kitty Litter?” or “Special Place in Hell for Online Trolls who Tell Laid off Journalists to ‘Learn to Code’”.

1 Like

Its not hard to read where POTUS will go next…its a matter of “What have you done for me lately?”…hence the high turnover in the administration, or more accurately the firings.

When they come on board, we are told how great they are, but when they make a statement that even remotely looks like criticism, all the good that was previously said goes the wayside, and they become goats!

Reminds me of my military days when it was said, “One ‘Aw Shucks’ cancels a thousand ‘atta boys’”!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.