Donald Trump Trump win sparks riots across US as crowds burn American flag and chant

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/trump-win-sparks-riots-across-9225317

Protesters burn the US flag as riots break out following Donald Trump’s win burn the US flag as riots break out following Donald Trump’s win

Crowds of angry protesters have taken to streets across the United States chanting “Not Our President” while setting fires and smashing windows.

Hundreds of people descended on California minutes after it was announced that Donald Trump had won the election.

Hillary Clinton supporters were filmed setting fire to the US flag while marching through the streets of Portland, Oregon, shouting " xxx Donald Trump".

Footage also emerged of activists setting tyres and rubbish bins on fire, blocking main roads and lighting flares.

People also burned an effigy of the President-elect, who will be officially sworn into office in January.

I hear California threatened to secede.

Before they do, they better build a lot of desalination plants.

:rotfl::rotfl: That is for sure.

:rotfl:

Not to mention they are scheduled to fall away naturally anytime now! :eek:

:ehh::rolleyes:

Hey that’s what they’ve been telling us for decades. Don’t blame me blame Science! :wink:

We would gladly welcome you here in the mid-south! :smiley:

“Hundreds of people descended on California…”
:eek:

Are these the types that want free college or those who have no jobs and live in parents basements?

I imagine we’ll be seeing more of this tonight, Chicago and NYC have supposedly large protests planned, as would I imagine many more cities.

I saw a petition group called Yes California going around social media last night. They’ve apparently got several thousand members and are trying to qualify a proposition for the 2019 ballot for California to leave the United States. And #Caliexit was going around, possibly trending, last night on Twitter as well.

Pretty sure it’s mostly tongue in cheek. But the underlying idea is sadly not at all crazy. It’s pretty clear the US has divided into two countries over the last 50 or so years. The West Coast/Upper Midwest/Northeast, and the Rest of the Country (Basically Urban/Suburban and Rural). Both sides have pockets of the other in their regions but it’s pretty clear that we don’t all share the same values any longer. And that we really just pretend at being one united country between major elections, if at all, anymore. Question then becomes, can we keep pretending indefinitely?

Don’t know who’s been telling you that, but they were either pulling your leg, or they’re just dumb.

Protests planned for tonight also in Boston, Philadelphia, Oakland, and San Francisco. Going to be another late night following the news.

Of course this despicable behavior is really going to solve our country’s problems. The election is over and democracy has taken its course. Deal with it!

I am pretty sure I remember Texans talking the same way when Obama was elected…or was that Obamacare passing?

True, but we didn’t riot in the streets. There was a petition that went around for a while.

Yeah, there was a petition, thats what I was thinking of!

But you are right, no riots that I recall.

Not a Trump (or Clinton) fan, but this is stupid.

Pot smokers?

The petition is… well, actually it doesn’t bother me much. The rioting, on the other hand, shows how divided we’ve become as a nation. Like him or not, Trump’s first words after being elected were to congratulate Hilary on a well-fought battle, and to extend an olive branch to democrats in an effort to rebuild our nation. Their first action was to riot, which I find to be disgusting… I know it’s not all democrats, but seriously…

“Hundreds” out of over 300 million?

Very misleading.

OTOH, the Canadian immigration website crashed, and this emmigration would be a great use of tax dollars - except that the Canadians have done nothing to deserve such a criminal class of illegal aliens!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.