Donald Trump wins election

cnbc.com/2016/11/09/donald-trump-wins-the-presidency-nbc-projects.html

“Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division — have to get together,” he said. “To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.”

I am afraid this will fall on deaf ears with the ultra-liberal side of the Congress. At least Harry Reid is gone.

The left has been hobbled by this blowout victory,all around.They had better take notice.The people have spoken,loud and clear across this great Nation🇺🇸

[attach]23546[/attach]

Love it! :heart:

I love Archbishop Chaput!

Agree.:thumbsup:
Anti-Trump Demonstrators Take to the Streets in Several US Cities

Regardless, I agree with the protestors…“not my president”

You’ll see…we will all regret this man’s election…

Welcome to 2008

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5822ff1f/turbine/la-jwestfall-1478688562-snap-photo/750/750x422

Tuesday was a great victory for the prolife cause. Donald Trump would not have won if he had not chosen to run as a pro-life candidate. He very wisely chose pro-life Catholic Kellyanne Conway as his campaign manager. Hillary Clinton would have won if she had not run as a hardcore pro-abort candidate opposed to religious freedom.

This sentiment is a major part of the problem of divisiveness in America. To say he is “not your president” is as divisive as it gets, unpatriotic to its core, and stinks of rebellion. Are you prepared to rebel? You can join the elitists in Silicon Valley who are speaking of funding a California secession.

We may regret this man’s election, but we certainly would have regreted Hillary’s election.

I have to say, I was really impressed with his acceptance speech. There was none of the boastfulness or machismo I’ve come to associate with Trump. He seemed genuinely humbled by the fact that he had been elected. Hopefully the realities of what’s happened settle in quickly and he starts adjusting to fit his new position.

His son looks so uncomfortable though XD I feel so bad for the kid, he looked mortified to be up in front of so many people.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am reminded of when George Bush 43 asked the American people to pray for our nation (I can’t remember if it was at his inauguration or when he made his acceptance speech.) Jon Stewart on the Daily Show quipped: We’re way ahead of you, Mr. President.

Whether it was Clinton or Trump, the winner is our president. We have to pray to Heaven that the winner will be subject to Heaven’s guidance, but like it or not, that’s our president and we have to accept it.

Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God. Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear to good conduct, but to evil. Do you wish to have no fear of authority? Then do what is good and you will receive approval from it, for it is a servant of God for your good. But if you do evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword without purpose; it is the servant of God to inflict wrath on the evildoer. Therefore, it is necessary to be subject not only because of the wrath but also because of conscience. This is why you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Pay to all their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, toll to whom toll is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. Rom. 13:1-7

Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it had not been given to you from above. For this reason the one who handed me over to you has the greater sin.”
John 19:11

Remember who was running things, back when the Holy Scriptures were written to tell us to give legitimate secular authorities the respect they are due. Regard Trump as you will–and I would have said this same thing, had Clinton been elected–we do not have worse than the Caesars, here. We do not have worse than King Herod. We can do this.

Yes the people have spoken. Just maybe not quite as loud and clear as you might think. Because in reality what we had is another election where with 98% reporting, 1 candidate won the popular vote and another the Electoral College. With margins in states such as FL, PA, and MI within 1%.

The electoral system ensures that populated regions cannot shout down the less-populated regions. The Congress, too, is split roughly 50-50. Let’s hope that the slim majority that one party has will not keep our elected officials from listening to each other and working for solutions that most closely reflect a ground that everyone can live with, even if no one gets everything they would like to have from the government.

I’m in no way surprised there are Dem protesters. I fully expected them, and at least some amount of violence besides. The left is inherently totalitarian and doesn’t accept defeat well because of it.

There will be things to regret in his election, of course. There are a lot of things he is going to have to repair and reverse, and he’ll need the cooperation of an often unruly congress in doing those things. So many things are so far gone due to the last administration, that it’s going to take considerable effort and cause some pain to rectify them.

And there won’t be a thing he will do that the media won’t represent as a disaster of some kind. They have a propensity to cause public anguish, and after a short time will redouble the effort to do so.

There will be a bunch of babies that will be plum happy about it.

Cooperation would be nice, but in recent years, the Dems have acted in lockstep with their leaders. And there is no reason to think they’ll act differently now.

Yes that is how the system is. I didn’t watch but I heard President-elect Trump’s speech was conciliatory without the tones and divisiveness and rhetoric he expressed throughout this very long campaign beginning with his qwest to secure the Republican Party’s nomination. And I join you, I am certain, in praying for our nation in the months and years ahead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.