Donald Trump's Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Donald Trump’s Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

Did any of them contain classified national security information, sent over a home grown server?

Maybe they’ll find some on Anthony Weiner’s laptop. :rotfl:

What an unbelievable farce! I guess the “journalists” really went to work this weekend.

The article tries to paint Trump in a negative light for using the courts to defend himself, his business and his privacy from the government. This is some great crime for the liberal media, except when it is their people using the tactics. Of course this is nothing like what Hillary did. Hillary was a public servant who was required by law to protect and preserve documents. She even swore to do so.

If the media is going to dig deep into the past why not give us a play by play of Hillarys hundred thousand dollar one year profit in the cattle futures market. She’s an expert trader. Maybe we could all learn from her.

As the head of a department she wasn’t just personally responsible, she was responsible for ensuring her entire department complied with the laws on records retention, the Freedom of Information Act (it’s a law, not a suggestion), on handling classified material.

Which is why we have that tape of her that was used in State department training stating they must comply with regulations and laws in those areas. At the same time she was violating them.

We’re talking apples and oranges here. Clinton compromised national security.

Thanks for sharing the article. I’m feeling more and more comfortable with my vote for Trump.

A great line I read on Twitter this morning: “Imagine the fun journalists would be having right now if they were interested in selling newspapers rather than selling Hillary.”

And a follow up to that one: “Drag that corpse harder, the finish line is just ahead” (said to a journalist).

If Trump defied court orders, why have we not heard of him being held in contempt and jailed?

More likely, discovery was “shotgun” overbroad and some of the stuff simply didn’t exist anymore or perhaps was privileged, and Trump ultimately didn’t have to produce it. That kind of thing is as common as dirt in litigation.

And Trump’s lawyers dragged out court proceedings, but none of his opponents ever did? The Judge wouldn’t have allowed him to do it if it wasn’t for some meritorious reason. You can’t “drag out” court proceedings just because you want to.

Is this really the best the Clinton team can come up with?

:thumbsup:

If in desperation that is all they can come up with, then clearly there is nothing left to dig up and sling.

Now contriving or concocting stuff is still a possibility, but that will very likely backfire, given how the Internet hounds are prone to sniffing out the truth of things

I read an observation somewhere that if the Clinton campaign doesn’t come up with a real doozy in the next day or two while the devastating Weiner thingie is still hot, their well must be completely dry.

And WikiLeaks just said that “Phase Three” is coming soon.

Oh, I fully believe Clinton, Inc will come up with something new, perhaps every day. Probably most of it will simply be invented.

I am not a big fan of Trump.

That said, I am even less of a fan of Hillary.

What I don’t understand is how anyone can still support this woman, especially Catholics.
I get that the “social justice warriors” think that Republican/Conservatives are evil incarnate, but with all this new stuff coming out, that just shows her contempt for America and the American people, it’s a wonder how she is even in the race. :shrug::mad:

It has been seven years since I last worked in corporate America, but we were schooled quite a bit on email procedures. We were allowed to keep emails up to 90 days I believe. There were some exceptions, mainly if there was a legal hold placed on someones email account.

If there was no hold, it was perfectly legal to purge our email accounts whenever we wanted too. It had to be purged though before 90 days. Repeat violators that could not provide a good business reason to hold on to the emails could face discipline. Needless to say, we rarely had many legal holds, as everyone knew there would be little to see.

If Trump deleted emails on a regular basis BEFORE getting any legal holds, then he did not break the law. Most companies that know what they are doing, and have good legal management procedures, drastically reduce the chance of legal exposure later on down the road.

I feel the exact same way! :frowning:

Another gimmick by the Clinton Campaign.

So? In the words of Hillary: " What difference does it make?" :shrug:

She destroyed her emails and we are not supposed to care, so why care about Trumps email? :rolleyes: She can’t have it both ways.

And as pointed out, his are not national security.

So again we see that there is no real difference aside from the lies they both tell us.

Why should Trump get a pass on his $25.000 bribery of Florida State Attorney Pam Bondi to drop the investigation into the Trump University fraud and which is a felony for them both?

If Clinton belongs in jail so does he and I wager we’ll see why before long.

This guy is no better than Clinton and he’s all mouth and propaganda that will never serve this nation well. I suspect that within his first 100 days (if elected) we’ll be in a serious shooting war with someone other than jihadists.

We have the devil and the deep blue sea as options this time and the sooner we all realize it and stop believing all the hype the better prepared we will all be to deal with the next administrations antics.

The best thing that could possibly happen is to dump them both and tell the system to do it right. Sounds good…won’t happen.

No it doesn’t sound good. If we carry your reasoning a little further, you might say we are all sinners and the heck with everything. But no, we have the capability to judge what’s serious and what’s not, what’s a difference in degree and what’s a difference in nature.

No one will convince you otherwise but let’s not pretend hillary and trump are the same or even close.

We can hope…but objectively looking at them makes it impossible to consider our future with much hope.

I believe that irreparable harm has been done to the nation by this election. It will not end well…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.