Donald Trump's deeply irresponsible conspiracy theory on the Buffalo man injured by police

3 Likes

Gugino has a blog that seems to be pretty anti-police. I"m not sure I’d be blaming Trump on this.

1 Like

It’s terrible. The man is still in the hospital.

2 Likes

1 Like

Are you speaking very quietly?

1 Like

`There is an image in his post that doesn’t seem to display properly.

1 Like

What of it? If you are contending that appropriate responses to blogs that critique the police are actions like this or that they can be overlooked because of that then this would actually support a view of this and related actions as unprofessional. There is thuggery and violence on both sides of these protests.

2 Likes

Trump, instead of showing concern for an injured senior citizen, tweeted out a conspiracy theory.

I hope Mr. Gugino, who is a private citizen, sues him for slander.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the fake blood but the whole thing is fishy.

1 Like

what’s fishy about it? You can watch the video and see him split his head. Even better, you can hear the sickening crack his skulls makes as it strikes the concrete. And if you choose to watch longer, you watch the police ignore him and keep on going.

3 Likes

I watch the police do their duty, not ignore him. I watched him possibly trying an RFID scan, interfering with their duty. I saw his hand get close to their belt on on officer at least. I’m not going to let me hand get anywhere near a police officer’s belt.

The police touched him, I’d even say they didn’t push him for all practical purposes.

2 Likes

Do you know what an RFID is and why they are used? Why would police be using RFID equipment? Police/law communications do not use RFID.

But let’s go with the narrative. It’s what despots do to keep their power. Everyone standing up for their rights is committing some sort of “crime” against the State. And must be put down, at all costs. Clearly this old man had it coming.

1 Like

I agree with former Senator Jeff Flake, who tweeted ‘Trafficking in conspiracy theories like this are beneath your office, Mr. President.’

3 Likes

I ton load of speculation in that blog that is not supported by the pictures. Just a continuance of the Conspiracy Theory.

I’m beginning to think there are no theories like this he won’t come out with besides stuff like Erich Von Daniken or ancient aliens.

1 Like

He tends to stick to politics but I would welcome others, such as ancient aliens or the moon landing.

At least they might be less offensive and more entertaining. My dad tends to go for the ancient alien stuff and is firmly convinced of their been some truth in stuff like the Annukai etc. I asked him how he squares the idea of us all being in a digital simulation with Catholic teaching, still waiting for feedback on that one. He tends to go for some of Trump’s stuff too, especially in regards to the Coronavirus epidemic as he has an inbuilt distrust of doctors which is ironic considering his wife was a nurse I’ve always thought. The odd thing is on other issues he finds the man an idiot, but Mr. Carnelian senior has never been noted for consistency and also likes to wind people up. My wife tend to call him BS Master and me BS Master Junior and the BS doesn’t stand for Bachelor of science.

2 Likes

My father seemed to believe the more outlandish a conspiracy theory was, the more likely it was to be true.

1 Like

And break a couple of commandments as well.

which post? #3?

"Trump is basing all of this conjecture off of a segment from a television report on a “news” network that is openly pro-Trump and whose journalists don’t exactly live up to the credo of being neutral and independent.

The person who did this segment on Gugino is named Kristen Brunovich Rouz, a man who, according to the Daily Beast, has worked both for OAN and Sputnik, a Russian government-controlled news wire service (The intelligence community concluded that Sputnik played a role in the Russian meddling in the 2016 election)"

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.