Donald Trump's team 'discussing plans for Muslim registration system'

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html

That’s unfortunate.

Have fun getting that past the Supreme Court.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn’t a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Awesome

It was done from 2002-2011.

Just google NCEERS

I believe Bush did that after 9/11

Jimmy Carter did it to get back at Iran.

What year was that?

If there is one thing I’ve learned through the course of the election it is that the media are liars and just publish spin 98% of the time. I read the linked article and know that it is not actually based in reality.

The wizard is no longer hidden behind the curtain.

:thumbsup:

That article also says “In an interview on Sunday Mr Trump told CBS’s 60 Minutes show he would deport two to three million undocumented immigrants “immediately” upon taking office”. What they leave out, purposefully I might add, is the the part where he said this about illegal immigrants “that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers”. That seems to be an important part of what Trump actually said. link

Why would I believe the muslim registery part of the story when they are obviously distorting the truth on other parts of the story?

This is not the only issue. Trump is now ‘modifying’ his campaign promises in other areas too, I have a feeling though, all his supporters are not going to let him soften up as much as he appears to be doing.

Personally, I have a feeling once he actually won, the ‘real’ people in Govt power had a talk with him in regards to lightening up on some of his campaign promises, but the media is doing its part to muddy the waters on the details.

I did. Got nothing…

Someone made a claim of what is happening. The mainstream media were fairly well discredited over their coverage of this election and it seems they have no interest in restoring their reputation when they publish this sort of rubbish “journalism.”

Trump is pragmatic. He also knows the the USA is a republic, not a representive democracy. Plans can & should change as more information becomes avalible to our elected officials.

If someone presents Trump with a better plan for XYZ, he will select what he beleives is the best course of action, irregardless of who came up with the idea. That’s why he will surround himself with the best possible people.

PLUS > at the moment, he needs to dial back the retoric because he is (1) now the President-Elect and (2) because of all the crazyness going on. We don’t want a second Civil War.

The real deplorable are the media .:mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.