Donations for L'Escale Notre-Dame inc

I apologize if this is in the incorrect thread…My family and I received a letter from Brother Charles Gareau, s.g. I would post the original letter but due to privacy I’m unable. So here is a copy:

L’Escale Notre-Dame Inc.
1475, avenue Morgan
Montreal, PQ., Canada
H1V-2P6
Telephone: (514) 251-0805
Fax: (514) 251-4655

email: lendinc@cooptel.qc.ca or cgareau@bellnet.ca

Oct.1,2009

Dear Friends,

Hello, from L’Escale Notre-Dame Inc., this is priviliged oasis for drugs addicts, alcoholics & other addictions.

Yes, we are a community organization recognized by the Health Department for an extended period of three years (2007-2010). Our Residents, aged between 18 and 35 years old, follow an internal therapy for 14 weeks. Our Counselors are specialized in the art of bringing out the best out of these youths. Our program follows a psychological approach, through workshops and meetings.

Moreover, the Center is a non-profit community organization which receives but little subsidies from our Government. We have been operating on charities for the last 23 years: donations and private contributions. As we are nearing the year-end, we have recourse to your generosity.

The Christmas Stocking Fund, as we call our fund raising, situates us in the framework of the needs for our youth. Let me explain:
a) Each year, we make the most of the Christmas Season to add, as a means of stimulation and as an occasion to provide the residents who were living off the streets, with a few practical articles.
b) Each year, our residents have two special outings:
i) One, takes place in Lake Rouge of the Christian Brothers’ summer camp, an outing based on spiritual, social, relaxation exercises with voluntary services to the camp.
ii) Two is at the Havre Familial of the Saint-Gabriel Brothers’ Family camp, which is geared toward human and spiritual growth. It is also geared toward maximum relaxation by skating, snowshoe trips and plain excursion in the open air.

This is the reason for this request. Your association with the success of our mission is greatly appreciated. An Income Tax Receipt will be rewarded.

Brother Charles Gareau, s.g.
Financial Administrator

Stephane Lessard
General Director

• Brother Charles Gareau,s.g. is a Brother of St. Gabriel founded by St. Louis-Marie Grignon de Montfort. He has been a religious Brother since 15 (60 years) ago in 1948. He volunteers at the center as a bookkeeper and accountant.

Brother Charles, also makes beautiful Rosaries he has made some over-seas to Haiti, across Canada, and U.S.A. He can send you a Rosary for Free or You can offer a donation of $5.00 or more (for the center, for the Empty Christmas Stocking Fund, etc.) He may not have time to make the Rosaries right away but be sure to contact him with your request of color and so forth. You can send him a letter or contact him by email cgareau@bellnet.ca

By the way, the attached pictures is Brother Charles Gareau, the office/center where he “works”, and the Rosary that he sent me.

The Rosaries are actually NOT free they are $5.00 each. I sincerely apologize for any confusion and inconvience this may have caused.

L’Escale Notre-Dame Inc.
1475, avenue Morgan
Montreal, PQ., Canada
H1V-2P6

email: lendinc@cooptel.qc.ca or cgareau@bellnet.ca

Here are some more photos of the beautiful Rosaries that Brother Charles Gareau sells.

Brother Charles, is taking requests for Rosaries. He needs to know:

a) How many?

b) Colour?

c) You may also want to add what it is for ie/ First Communion.

• The Rosaries are $5.00 each and he will ship them anywhere*

Brother Charles, also accepts donations to the L’Escale Notre-Dame inc. where they help young men with addiction problems.

Please contact Brother Charles Gareau at:

L’Escale Notre-Dame Inc.
1475, avenue Morgan
Montreal, PQ., Canada
H1V-2P6

email: cgareau@bellnet.ca

or

lendinc@cooptel.qc.ca

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.