Don't bother calling us for shoplifting cases under £75

Traders have reacted with dismay after their local constable told them not to bother calling police over shoplifting crimes involving goods valued at less than £75.
Gordon Wallis said such offences were a drain on resources because they could “extract” two or more officers for up to three hours.

His letter has angered shopkeepers in the Bournemouth suburb of Boscombe who complained they paid high business rates and were being let down. They feared thieves were being given “a licence to steal”.

Full Article:
news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/09/nsteal09.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/09/ixhome.html

Oh my, looks like I know where to go and load my pockets without being nabbed.

But what a shame.:nope:

I think he should be arrested of aiding and abetting. Criminals now know they will not be arrested for low value crimes.

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]I think he should be arrested of aiding and abetting. Criminals now know they will not be arrested for low value crimes.

PF
[/quote]

** I think they knew this already. Heck, criminals are barely arrested for high value crimes.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.