Don't Boycott Pepsi--boycott Dr. Pepper

For those of you who have heard that Pepsi was bringing out cans/bottles this summer with the pledge of allegiance on it and omitting “One Nation Under God”, IT IS NOT TRUE. **It’s not Pepsi who is doing this, but DR. PEPPER who is not bottled by Pepsi!**My father-in-law called Pepsi directly and they told him that this was a misconception and that they would never do that. They told him it was Dr. Pepper. He then called Dr. Pepper who admitted they were doing this, saying "we don’t want to offend anyone."
I love Dr. Pepper but I will never drink it again! I also plan on calling them and telling them, THEY OFFENDED ME!!!
I feel bad for Pepsi b/c I haven’t bought any since I was told it was them and I know I’m not the only one so I’m spreading the true news!

I didn’t know anything about this. But why didn’t you simply pick up a can of pepsi off the shelf and read it to see for yourself?

I will check out the Dr Pepper cans myself but as I don’t like the product I really can’t boycott them.

Are you sure this isn’t just an internet rumor? So many of them get started.

The cans haven’t come out yet; that’s why I haven’t checked them! :slight_smile: But as I said, my father-in-law spoke to them directly so I know it’s not rumor.

Both the Pepsi and the Dr. Pepper story are complete bushwa:

snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

Btw, this rumor has been floating around since 2001.

I will call myself but my father-in-law did talk to them and they did say it was true!

I never cease to be amazed at how people automatically believe everything they see on the internet. I’ve had this Pepsi/Coke/Dr. Pepper item sent to me several times through the past few years. Always check out these things on www.snopes.com
It’s a reliable way to find out what is real and what’s a hoax.

Even if this was happening I really could care less. I don’t look at the cans… I just drink the drink.

Also, the Pledge originally did NOT have the “under God” phrase in it. That was added in later.

FYI, I talked to Dr. Pepper this morning. IT IS TRUE–this is something that happened in the past. They said if local distributors decided the cans could make a reappearance.
It is not something I heard on the internet and I really don’t appreciate you all treating me like I’m some sort of idiot for believing and acting on something my FIL heard directly from them.
If you still don’t believe me call them yourself, (972) 673-7000. If you don’t care, that’s your business.

Boycott coke. It’s the devil juice.

Because there are so many internet hoaxes, a lot of people get skeptical. It isn’t a reflection on your honesty, though. Just that we are sometimes wary about such things.

Like I said before, I don’t like Dr. Pepper and when I buy soda it is the cheap Sam’s Club ripoffs anyway. So, it wouldn’t do me much good to boycott any one.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.