Don't Forget Your Humanity This Black Friday

The year I worked the Super Bowl, I remember the store being empty until right around half time. That year I also didn’t bother with the game. One of my coworkers and I got on some politics tangent over our meal break and didn’t stop until the break was over.

I was busy the whole time. Most everyone called off, so I was handling the hot station (mostly wings) and counter (and dishes) my entire shift on my own much of the time.

I’m glad I don’t work there anymore. It was exhausting work (especially since I was the only guy back there and had to do all of the dirty work).

This was the first time in 30 years that I went out. My sister and I hit the mall just to see what was going on. It wasn’t too bad. Just had one incident in the parking lot. I was sitting with my turn signal on waiting for someone to back out of a space and another driver started giving me the hand signals for some reason.

This is why we stock up on groceries two days before thanksgiving so that we don’t have to treck to the stores during the next few days.

My Black Friday shopping was online. I did go into one store though. But when I asked if the thing I saw online was in store and was told it wasn’t (as clearly stated on the webpage in retrospect) I ordered it online.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.