Don't know where to post this

I have never been a big person into the Christian nor Catholic church. I have wanted to be in the Catholic church but that was never allowed by my mother. I have had lots of problems with the Christian church. Anyway, for some reason I had an urge to pray to Mother Mary last night, so I did so. I asked her to watch over me, protect me, and help me to understand the birth of Christ and to understand what I should do about the Church and all that. I was overwhelmed by a feeling of relief that scared me and felt instantly that someone was in the room with me and watching over me. Also, in an instant I understood things I have never read in the bible. Things about the conception and how Michael came to talk to her. I don’t know what to think about all of this. I don’t know if I’m insane, if I am making things up in my head or what. When I think about this, I can’t stop crying, and I haven’t cried in years. It’s almost like all my anger is leaving me through my tears. Mainly I’m scared and confused and don’t know who to go to. I know my mother will say the devil is trying to trick me. Any thoughts or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Keep praying! What a wonderful experience. I’ll keep you in my prayers, as well.

Believe me, Brian,- I saw Holy Mother one night before sleep , you do not know how unhappy I was at that time before, my eyes too were filled with tears; but after a while I saw her, and she said,- " you belong to Christ, are you ready?" and I said-yes;
Do not be afraid, Brian, I feel much better ;I cannot quite make it out, but I am under the impression that Holy Mother She watch over us the whole time. and we are in Christ and we will have a higher happiness and eternal.
Peace be with you!

Thanks for the replys. I have always had bad experiences with God and chirst and all that. This was the only good experience. I prayed last night that I would understand and not be afraid anymore, and for the first time in years, I woke up happy and ready to face the day and worked all day and came home happy.

:slight_smile:

It sounds like the peace of Christ was upon you. :slight_smile: And that makes sense, as of course He and His mother are very close. :slight_smile:

Also, it sounds like the Holy Spirit was there – “a Spirit of wisdom and of understanding”.

It sounds like it was a great blessing.

Yes.

It was a great blessing; Thank you, Mintaka; you are so good,
May God bless Mintaka.:slight_smile:

Michael did not go to Mary, Gabriel did. So you’re either imagining who the angel was, or a demon is communicating with you. In either case, there is no reason to be alarmed or panic; just say an Our Father - anyone may say it - and see if you can get in touch with a priest, and explain to him what happened, as best as you can recall what had happened. Don’t worry if you can’t remember everything, you’re only human and God knows that. :slight_smile:

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.