Dorm Room Behavior

My university has some nice dorm rooms, and three of my friends are currently sharing one of the best. It has one wall that is almost all windows with a city view. However, directly below is an athletic field, which can be seen relatively well. The other day while visiting these friends, I noticed that they were glancing out one of the windows. Becoming increasingly curious, I decided to look. There were a few male runners on the track, and we watched them for a few more minutes. We always have a great amount of work to do and were kind of just looking to take a small break, so I suppose that might one of the reasons for our behavior. Did we, as fine young scholars, commit a moral faux pas?

well that depends…were you lusting after the runners? There is nothing wrong with looking. It is the intention behind the looking. Lol I’m no theologian though, but that is what I was taught.

Well, I found some of them attractive.

You did nothing wrong. Now get back to your schoolwork and stop worrying about it!

Haven’t you got homework to do :confused: :smiley:

Nothing wrong with admiring all of God’s creation. However, if you found the experience of looking at the athletes an accasion of sin or near occasion of sin, in other words, it lead to lustful thoughts (adultary) on your part, or worse, then avoid.

Now, get back to those books :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, goodness sakes! If women never looked at men (or vice versa), how would couples become couples and marriages occur???:smiley: Of COURSE there will be looking…admiring…appreciating…interest…:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :thumbsup:

Now get back to homework!:cool:

And tell your friends to close the blinds when they’re not decent. :slight_smile: :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.