Doubting again..

I find it hard to believe the literal body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist. This is another obstacle I need to overcome and I will do my research to help me grow in faith.

I have mentioned before that I have non-believing/non Christian friends who respect me for what I believe. I still sometimes consider what would friend x or friend y think about Catholic teachings. I feel that my faith doesn’t belong amongst most people.

What can I do to revive my faith? I really don’t want to give up my friends up simply because we believe different things :frowning:

Any comments and advice will help.

Thank you.

If you want your spiritual life to grow you must pray, and hopefully daily. Prayer is absolutley essentail. If you need more faith, just ask for it in prayer.

You might enjoy and find it useful to read a book on Eucharistic Miracles. They’ll blow your mind. Google it or plug it into amazaon.

Ask the Blessed Mother for help, too, and she will.

God Bless!!

Be patient with yourself and with God.
It’'s all a lot to take in.

I agree. Especially look up the Eucharistic miracles! That is how I became a believer of the True Presence.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance & direction in your time of need.

The key to believing in a mystery - is to simply believe in it. Don’t try to over think it or to apply some sort of scientific explanation to it. The Church does offer an explanation (Transubstantiation) but she also accepts that, even with this explanation, it remains a mystery.

I have mentioned before that I have non-believing/non Christian friends who respect me for what I believe. I still sometimes consider what would friend x or friend y think about Catholic teachings. I feel that my faith doesn’t belong amongst most people.

Frankly it doesn’t. Remember the verse: “Many are called but few answer” and “The path to destruction is wide and many find it, but the path to salvation is narrow and few travel it.”

What can I do to revive my faith? I really don’t want to give up my friends up simply because we believe different things :frowning:

Don’t think I understand the problem here…If your friends respect you for what you believe, why would you have to give them up?

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.