Doubting my faith. Watch this video!

[/font]http://www.christiananswers.net/catalog/messages-vs.html

Title : messages from heaven

• click on ( the watch this video)

At first I thought that this movie was Catholic because they were quoting Pope John Paul’s book Crossing The Threshhold of Hope but I was very wrong. They said many things about the marian apparitions that are seriously causing me to doubt my faith. Everything they say seems to be so true and everything they say is backed up by scripture. Could you please help me out? Watch the video and help me.

A few of the claims they make are

• Mary is a wicked woman who will deceive the world in revelation ch. 17

• The prophet Jeremiah (7:16) says that the queen of heaven is evil or something bad( can’t remember)

• Mat 24:24 Jesus warns us of false signs like the apparitions of Mary.

There is much more than this. This only scratches the surface. Please watch the video and give your comments.

I haven’t watched the video, but here is something you said that stands out right away:

“Mary is wicked”

God would not choose an evil woman to bring forth the Savior of the world.

I am familiar with the antiCatholic video and it is lies and deceit.Do not watch it again it is meant to deceive.The KKK uses scripture to justify their assertions too.

This is what happens when people use the bible as just a “quote machine” to prove their point.

Let’s look at Jeremiah 7:18:
The children gather wood, their fathers light the fire, and the women knead dough to make cakes for the queen of heaven, while libations are poured out to strange gods in order to hurt me.

Wow, the queen of heaven is a strange god, which makes her an abomination to Yahweh the one true God!!!

But wait, look at the notes in the UCCSB:
*Queen of heaven: the Assyro-Babylonian Ishtar, goddess of fertility, whose worship was introduced under King Manasseh and was revived after Josiah’s death. Cakes shaped like stars (Ishtar was identified with the planet Venus) were offered in her honor.

*Obviously, this Ishtar is not our Loving Mary, the true Queen of Heaven!! It seems the deceiver is the maker of this video! I’m sure if you spend a few minutes on each topic, you can blow them out of the water, too. My question is, “Is it worth the effort”? The Church has fought off accusations like this for centuries, and none of them have stuck. There is a reason for this. Have faith in God, for *“I will remain with you always and the gates of Hell will prevail against you”.

*Trust the Church, for she is the Bride of Christ, and Christ will not desert her.

NotWorthy

Hi SS!

In the words from the cover of the HitchHiker’s Guide to the Galaxy… [size=7][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Don’t Panic[/size] (note the large friendly letters…)

I checked it out…

Anybody can make a video and that certainly doesn’t make the information and opinions the truth, by a long shot, now does it?

This is nothing more than a Bible thumping Mary bash that displays those people’s ignorance.

Is there anything that you can find in your Bible that supports the idea that Mary might be evil? Of course not! Their passages are taken out of context and do not apply to the Blessed Virgin.

Also bear in mind that the church is extremely careful as to what apparitions they approve and they investigate each one very deeply before they decide one way or the other. All the ones that are rejected may indeed be from the devil…and that’s just exactly why they are so careful.

Catholic Home Study Service has a great course book called “Mary, Christ’s Mother and Ours” that is free. I’ve studied it and I know it will help you too. I urge you to avail yourself of it, and don’t let these people with their video disrupt your faith.
Pax tecum,[/FONT]

They say that Mary is wicked??? How dare they!!! Who do they think they are to talk about Our Lady like that???
I will pray for them…because I seriously doubt Jesus is very happy about people talking about his mother this way.
Don’t worry about stuff like this. If I let every Bible thumping Protestant get to me with their single out-of-context quotes I would long since be one of them.

In Christ,
Rand

Peace be with you!

I just sent them an e-mail, but I’m not getting my hopes to high for a reply. Of all the anti-Catholic sites I’ve e-mailed, I’ve recieved only one response, easily refuted when I replied. I guess I just scare these anti-Catholics too much!

In Christ,
Rand

ONe of the best pieces of advice that I can give you when looking at anti Catholic sites or talking with Protestants is too read any verse that they give you in context. I have no idea when Protestants, many who have a love for the bible, will quote verses out of context and base their beliefs on said verses. Often, when read** in context**, the verses they quote will have a completly different meaning then they think.

I’ve read the book and seen the video. Would you believe the book is even better. :slight_smile: I got him to send me the book and his video for free. It actually would present a pretty good argument for the apparitions if you left out the last half of the book. But then as expected he let’s his anti-catholic colors show, basing everything on his own misunderstanding of scripture and Catholicism. I wish I shill had the emails to post. Mr. Tetlow is good at distorting Church teaching, putting spins on it and taking quotes out of context. In one part of the book he claims the Church condemns anything that goes beyond revelation and so it condemns these apparitions, yet approves them. The point he misses is that in judging them the Church tests them to ensure they do not go beyond revealed truth. If they do they are rejected. Fatima and other approved ones have stood the test. Others have not.

He says silly things like “Are you willing to risk your eternal destingy on the hope that the Bible is not the word of God?” and “there is so much evidence for believing that the Bible is God’s inspired Word.” Amen. Incredible nonsense. The Catholic Church does not say the Bible is not the word of God. The problem is Mr. Tetlow is not an infallible teacher and in fact is nothing but a charlatin.

Don’t let it trouble you. Feel free to PM me with specific concerns you have about the video. Otherwise I will try to make more comments on the book in the coming days.

While I am a sinner and tremble for more own salvation, I fear for people who say or even imply such things. They seem to forget that Christ justified us by becoming one of us. He was a man (not simply a spirit in human guise, but 100% God and 100% man) who had a mother. Really, honest, no kidding. A mother. Does the video-maker have a mother? Consider it for second. How would he react if she were insulted? Would he, or any other decent son not to mention the most perfect one, prefer his mother to be insulted over himself? “A wicked woman??!!!” Is the man behind the video insane? Does he recall anything about “all generations will call” her blessed? How about a little incident where Jesus didn’t seem to want to turn water into wine, but did it anyway at her request? I often wonder about Mormons who apparently refer to Mary as “broodmare.” Have you ever met a Jewish man who would take such a slander against his own mother with calm equanimity?

One can almost imagine the scenario when meeting Christ at judgement-

“Well, let’s review. I see you had some problems controlling your temper, particularly in traffic. But you worked through it, made definite improvement and that’s what I like to see. You also seemed to have a problem with lust. Still I heard you those many times when you asked for forgiveness and I know you did everything you could to respect your wife. So everything looks pretty good, I imagine you can come on in- oh, but wait a minute! There was just one more thing-
What was that you said about my mother?”

[quote=swimstud]http://www.christiananswers.net/catalog/messages-vs.html

Title : messages from heaven

• click on ( the watch this video)

At first I thought that this movie was Catholic because they were quoting Pope John Paul’s book Crossing The Threshhold of Hope but I was very wrong. They said many things about the marian apparitions that are seriously causing me to doubt my faith. Everything they say seems to be so true and everything they say is backed up by scripture. Could you please help me out? Watch the video and help me.

A few of the claims they make are

• Mary is a wicked woman who will deceive the world in revelation ch. 17

• The prophet Jeremiah (7:16) says that the queen of heaven is evil or something bad( can’t remember)

• Mat 24:24 Jesus warns us of false signs like the apparitions of Mary.

There is much more than this. This only scratches the surface. Please watch the video and give your comments.
[/quote]

Don’t ever, ever watch that movie again, swimstud!!!

Jesus Christ institueted the Catholic Curch and promised that ”the gates of Hades will not prevail against it” (Mt 16:18).

Jesus also said: ”Remember the word that I said to you, “Servants are not greater than their master.” If they persecuted me, they will persecute you;…” (Jn 15:20)

That’s why the Catholic Church is a target of persecution and of distorted meaning of our doctrienes and dogmas from others. It’s the work of Satan. :bigyikes: I will strongly reccomend you to read ” The Deceiver - Our Daily Struggle with Satan by Fr Livio Fanzaga.

This book tell you why you shall NOT look twice of the snares of the enemy of the catholic faith. :thumbsup:

Catholic Exhange will have a group-bible-study at The Book of Revelation this authumn. If you and some friends of you join in together, you probably will learn that the enemies interpretation of Rev 17 is WRONG!

Jeremiah (7) is a warning to the jews to keep away from the cananites and their many gods instead of the ONE and ONLY God, Our Creator.

Mt 24:24 is placed in a bigger context about the endtimes and says nothing about Mary (but remember you don’t have to believe every Marian apparation to be a believing catholic): ”And if those days had not been cut short, no one would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23Then if anyone says to you, “Look! Here is the Messiah!” or “There he is!” --do not believe it. e 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. f 25Take note, I have told you beforehand. 26So, if they say to you, “Look! He is in the wilderness,” do not go out. If they say, “Look! He is in the inner rooms,” do not believe it” (Mt 24:22- 26).

Let not the anticatholic wolves rob you of your catholic faith. :getholy:

Two links that takes you to the recommended book:

aquinasandmore.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/store.ItemDetails/SKU/20437/category/66/index.htm

thbookservice.com/products/bookpage.asp?prod_cd=c6483

:blessyou:

[quote=Gratias Grace]Don’t ever, ever watch that movie again, swimstud!!!

Jesus Christ institueted the Catholic Curch and promised that ”the gates of Hades will not prevail against it” (Mt 16:18).

Jesus also said: ”Remember the word that I said to you, “Servants are not greater than their master.” If they persecuted me, they will persecute you;…” (Jn 15:20)

That’s why the Catholic Church is a target of persecution and of distorted meaning of our doctrienes and dogmas from others. It’s the work of Satan. :bigyikes: I will strongly reccomend you to read ” The Deceiver - Our Daily Struggle with Satan by Fr Livio Fanzaga.

This book tell you why you shall NOT look twice of the snares of the enemy of the catholic faith. :thumbsup:

Catholic Exhange will have a group-bible-study at The Book of Revelation this authumn. If you and some friends of you join in together, you probably will learn that the enemies interpretation of Rev 17 is WRONG!

Jeremiah (7) is a warning to the jews to keep away from the cananites and their many gods instead of the ONE and ONLY God, Our Creator.

Mt 24:24 is placed in a bigger context about the endtimes and says nothing about Mary (but remember you don’t have to believe every Marian apparation to be a believing catholic): ”And if those days had not been cut short, no one would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23Then if anyone says to you, “Look! Here is the Messiah!” or “There he is!” --do not believe it. e 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. f 25Take note, I have told you beforehand. 26So, if they say to you, “Look! He is in the wilderness,” do not go out. If they say, “Look! He is in the inner rooms,” do not believe it” (Mt 24:22- 26).

Let not the anticatholic wolves rob you of your catholic faith. :getholy:

Two links that takes you to the recommended book:

aquinasandmore.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/store.ItemDetails/SKU/20437/category/66/index.htm

thbookservice.com/products/bookpage.asp?prod_cd=c6483

:blessyou:
[/quote]

Amen:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Don’t give the enemy room to cause doubts and confusion these things are NOT of God.

Thank you all so much. I just got overwhelmed with all the continuous bible verses being thrown out and that music. I don’t know if anyone could tell but I think the makers of that video make Mary’s voice sound more evil toward the end. I am sure they are wrong now. Without this site I would have not sought answers and would probably have doubted my faith in others areas. I’m glad that’s not happening. By the way, if anyone knows of a Catholic movie promoting Marian apparitions feel free to post it here.

Peace be with you!

swimstud, I would recommend The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis if you haven’t already read it (and even if you have, go back through it). He talks about the ways that the devil tries to tempt us or to confuse us. This video seems to be a perfect example of that. C.S. Lewis is one of those people that is so intelligent and knowledgable that I wonder how he couldn’t have been Catholic.

In Christ,
Rand

Mary is a wicked woman who will deceive the world

Didn’t Mary predict to Elizabeth, “Behold, from this day forward, all generations shall call me blessed.”

But I guess that was just part of her wicked plot to rule the world? (insert evil laugh)

[quote=swimstud]Mary is a wicked woman who will deceive the world. The prophet Jeremiah (7:16) says that the queen of heaven is evil. Jesus warns us of false signs like the apparitions of Mary.
[/quote]

let’s think about this bullshit a minute… Mary is the Mother of God… She gave the flesh to Our Lord… She had an unique and supreme relationship of intimacy with God, even beyond human understanding… She is the Immaculate Conception… without original sin… What more do we need to conclude that She is the First Witness, Forever Virgin and Mother of God, Pure Sanctity, Supreme Example of Piety, Devotion and Purity?

[quote=barsapp]let’s think about this bullshit a minute… Mary is the Mother of God… She gave the flesh to Our Lord…
[/quote]

Hey barsapp. Usually when i defend the Marian Dogmas i dont back it up with that line of thinking. It will lead you into trouble. If Mary did indeed give Jesus Her flesh, then who gave Mary Hers. Her mother was’t Immaculate so then can we still assume she passed off Her skin to Her?. I have yet to hear a good explaination and if there one, i would love to hear it.

??? Des, where did barsapp say that she gave Him her flesh? I think he is simply referring to John 1:1 & 1:14.

I was honsetly laughing throughout the whole entire thing. Yes. Blessed Virgin Mary is an evil despot who strives for nothing but… WORLD DOMINATION!I don’t know what her motive is, being equivalent to a nun and all, but she will oneday conquer the world! I just KNEW she was secretly plotting something the MOMENT I saw her statue in my room… yes, that evil statue! IT IS A HEINIOUS IDOL I TELL YOU! I am glad I now know how evil Mary is. Yes. I must now go out and go to my church and pass out magazienes devoted to saying how this woman who is secretly planning to single handedly destroy all the world’s armies and deceive all of the nations. I just KNEW the moansastery across town is secretly hiding nucleaur weapons because they are helping Mary to destroy the world. And Pope Benedict is only carrying on JP II’s evil pact with Mary! be on your gaurd for flying roasaries. They just might wrap around your neck and strangle you to death. Now I must go convert to a Baptist Church. That is all. (evil laugh)

The boxart is pretty cool though. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.