Dowd resigns as Trump's lawyer

Smart Attorney. When the kitchen gets hot as hell, get out.

1 Like

He appears to have been shopping around for high power legal counsel but without success

Just came from across the street, talking with some of the State Legislators that I know. One said:

It would take at least 1 million cash advance to even accept that job. And then probably 10K per hour just to work on the case. That idiot just can’t keep his mouth shut.

I said, “would you hire me as a paralegal?”

I cannot type what he replied with…LOL…

1 Like

He going have to up the ante big time.

From the article in question:

"One source familiar with the decision described Dowd’s resignation as a “mutual decision.” "

And,

" “I love the President and wish him well,” Dowd said in a statement to CNN. "

Also, he’d already hired someone else to be on the team that he feels will represent his grievances in a more up-front manner, and that person will likely take over.

Sounds like Trump’s got things well in hand, and there was no bad blood between him and Dowd.

Trump was ignoring his advice so I can’t really say I can blame Dowd. This is afterall a president who has said he knew more than generals and also that only he could fix things. When someone is of such a mindset that they have such a high regard for themselves, it’s not surprising they would ignore advice.

Lawyers who could handle this case aren’t dumb enough to sign up to represent someone notorious for not paying his bills.

Abandon ship!

mutual decision (“Your’e fired”, but we let the public see it as ‘you resigned’ )

And,

" “I love the President and wish him well,” Dowd said in a statement to CNN. "

“I love the President and wish him well,”( Probably something you have to say when a NDA is in play )

Also, he’d already hired someone else to be on the team that he feels will represent his grievances in a more up-front manner, and that person will likely take over.

After 4 other Major Law Firms rejected his advances.

Sounds like Trump’s got things well in hand, and there was no bad blood between him and Dowd.

I Don’t believe that for a for New York second.

You don’t have to believe it.
We don’t all have to live in the world
according to JoshuaIsLord!

Nobody said you had to. Since your comment suggests you can read minds and heard the exact conversation as it went down, perhaps you could fill us all in and we wouldn’t have to guess anymore?

If you so choose to decline, I’ll have to keep thinking that it could have gone either way and not rush to judgements about things I know nothing about, myself.

1 Like

I’ve had a long enough career to know that resigning by “mutual decision” is in fact a disguised firing. You can read it to mean “we were going to fire you but will allow you the grace of saying you’ve resigned”.

It doesn’t require a mind reader to know this. It’s all about saving face. For both sides.

…so…he’s either (according to the spin being put on this article) a smart man who got away from a sinking ship, or he was simply fired, which would imply he’s not so smart.

Which is it??

And that is the jist of it. I too have had a long enough career to discern what a “mutual decision” means.

First, you said he’s smart for leaving.

Now, you’re saying he was fired.

Which one? Consistency is a good thing, and keeps one from looking like they simply have an axe to grind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.