Dr. Dobson Explains Remarks at Nat'l Day of Prayer Condemning Obama as the 'Abortion President'

** Dr. Dobson Explains Remarks at Nat’l Day of Prayer Condemning Obama as the ‘Abortion President’ **

California Democratic Rep. Janice Hahn walked out of the National Day of Prayer event on Capitol Hill Thursday after hearing Dr. James Dobson refer to President Barack Obama as “the abortion president.”

Speaking to Fox News host Megyn Kelly on “The Kelly File” Thursday night Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family and “Family Talk,” a Christian radio ministry, explained the significance of his comments and context in which the statement was made.

“President Obama has not only done everything he could to promote abortion, and he let us know that before he was elected, and the people elected him anyway,” said Dobson, who was seated next to his wife, Shirley, who has been the chairwoman of the event since 1991.

** Dobson added that, in his opinion, Obama’s policies show that “he is determined that people of faith and people of conscience are going to have to go along with it and be part of it (abortion).” **

In his speech, Dobson commented: “Before [Obama] was elected, he made it very clear that he wanted to be the abortion president. He didn’t make any bones about it, that this is something that he really going to promote and support. And he has done that. And in a sense, he is the abortion president.”

christianpost.com/news/dr-dobson-explains-remarks-at-natl-day-of-prayer-condemning-obama-as-the-abortion-president-118988/

James Dobson really did a great thing in standing up for right here.

Also, the fact, that a former Planned Parenthood director was invited to a Prayer Breakfast with the President and the fact that President Obama has said “God Bless Planned Parenthood” I believe makes Dr. Dobson’s remarks totally proper.

He needs our support as well as others willing to speak up and resist the “thought police”.

“We have this annual, national day of prayer, which is supposed to bring the whole country together to pray for our nation, and typically you put politics aside and you come together,” Hahn told CQ Roll Call. “Dr. Dobson just absolutely violated that, and I really think he did damage to what we try to do up here in Washington, D.C.”

This Democrat Representative is obviously unaware the last 2 years the National Day of Prayer speakers have been courageous men of faith who did not “put politics aside”.
Eric Metaxas in 2012 & Dr Ben Carson in 2013.
In fact, Dr Carson says that soon after his 2013 speech @ the National Day of Prayer event the White House called him asking for an apology.

Dr. Dobson has long been one of my heroes. God bless him and his family. Rob :slight_smile:

Good for him for not being afraid to say it out loud. :thumbsup:

Good for him. Well said. :thumbsup:

Sadly, “putting politics aside” is just a politically-correct euphemism for “let’s not bring up inconvenient things like morality and principles.”

I almost forgot. Dr Carson revealed he was audited by the IRS for the 1st time after his speech @ the National Day of Prayer breakfast.

Dr Carson gives a speech critical of Obama policies. The president and first lady are sitting a few feet away.
The White House calls Dr Carson asking for an apology.
The good Dr. refuses to apologize.
The good Dr is audited for the 1st time by the IRS.

Absurd.

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/study-abortion-rate-at-lowest-point-since-1973/2014/02/02/8dea007c-8a9b-11e3-833c-33098f9e5267_story.html

Abortion rates have declined. It’s ridiculous to call the president an “abortion president” when abortions have been steadily decreasing.

“It is unlikely contraceptive use has anything to do with the decline (in abortion rates),” said Michael New, research associate for the Reproductive Research Audit.

Attributing the abortion decline to contraception, he argued, fails to take into account other statistics on birth control and unintended pregnancy, as well as changes in public opinion and the effects of pro-life legislation in recent years.

While the “data is far from perfect,” New told CNA Feb. 3, the organization behind the study does “acknowledge that some pro-life laws and clinic closures contributed” to declining abortion rates.
Since the early 1990s, he explained, the decline in abortion rate has been largest in regions “with the greatest increase in pro-life sentiment,” such as the South and Midwest.
catholicnewsagency.com/news/lower-abortion-rate-credited-to-culture-shift-not-contraception/

“After decades of progress, there’s still politicians who want to roll back the clock,” said Obama, who later joked that states’ actions that place restrictions on abortion makes “you want to check your calendar to make sure you’re living in 2013.”

In 2007, he told the Planned Parenthood Action Fund that his first act as president would be signing the Freedom of Choice Act. The act would enshrine in federal law a right to abortion more far-reaching than in Roe v. Wade and eliminate basically all federal and state-level restrictions on abortion. This isn’t a point its supporters contest; it’s one they brag about. The National Organization for Women says it would “sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws [and] policies.”

Read more: politico.com/news/stories/0812/80013.html#ixzz30gt82JzW

In the Illinois state legislature he opposed 3x the Infant Born Alive Act. Babies who survive an abortion would be given medical treatment but Obama supported those who drop the live infant in a bucket to slowly die.
He also stood on the Illinois Senate floor and argued FOR partial-birth abortion. I trust you have researched this procedure?
When he got elected to the US Senate he denounced the federal law banning partial birth abortion signed into law by Pres. GW Bush.

Why? Are you saying Obama is the reason for the decline?

Michelle Obama called partial birth abortion a legitimate medical procedure.

Obama’s Attorney General is connected to an abortion clinic in Georgia.

Obama has voted for every abortion measure out there including for babies that survive abortion to be left to die. In other words, Infanticide.

I can back up anything I say here.

Obama has said “God Bless Planned Parenthood”, the nation’s largest abortion provider.

Obamacare forces those who don’t believe in abortion to pay for it.

Pro-Lifers, States like Wisconsin, Texas and New Jersey have defunded Planned Parenthood. The State Government did it. Not Obama, a former executive of Planned Parenthood was at Obama’s prayer breakfast.

I’m not attributing the fall in abortion rates to Obama. But I’m pointing out that calling him the “abortion president” is just a way to get voters (like you all, apparently) mad at Obama without actually looking at the facts on the ground.

People smear the President all the time simply because they don’t like him, not based on any meaningful statistical data.

Ending abortion is not just about banning it - it’s about understanding how unwanted pregnancies occur, and how to prevent them from happening.

Okay, smears against the president are more important than saving babies lives, got it.

Have a nice day.

Dr. Dobson really was on the mark here, just imagine, the Democrats if Obamacare is carried through want to close Catholic Hospitals because they want to force Doctors and Catholics to act against their conscience and aid in abortifacients, perhaps abortions. They told a falsehood that the American Public would not be paying for abortion.

Oh my but we have to watch out for smears and prevent unwanted pregnancies.

It’s evening where I am.

And I think you’re missing the point. The rate of abortion deaths is LOWER under Obama’s presidency than any presidency before his!

You’re being petulant by trying to avoid the fact that abortion stems from larger problems than just individual women making choices. The problem of unwanted pregnancy is social. Few Republicans seem to want to do anything to help solve those social problems leading to unwanted pregnancies.

Obama is not an abortion president. Obama is the abortion president. He fully supports any and all ways to murder unborn and newly born babies, noting that he would not want one of his daughters to be burdened with a mistake. He is talking about his own grandchildren when he says that. Obama fully deserves the title of the abortion president, and kudos to Dr. Dobson for saying so. If Obama doesn’t like it, he should change his policies and his attitude.

DGB

Preventing Unwanted Pregnancies is Absurd when Obama and the Democrats are trying to force Catholic Hospitals to act against their consciences and participate in abortion.

:rolleyes:

Whatever. He’s in his last term, anyway, so I guess I don’t care what you call him. I just wish Catholics would realize they’re being manipulated by the Right in order to secure votes.

Saying “preventing unwanted pregnancies to end abortion”: Okay, where is that in Catholic Doctrine?! I will follow Catholic Doctrine which is clear. Not some secular worldly philosophy.

It’s cruel someone would defend Obama over abortion and then, bring in some worldly philosophy over preventing unwanted pregnancies. What does the Church say? That is what I will go buy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.