Dr. loses license for aborting "wrong" twin

blog.aul.org/2010/04/14/florida-doctor-kills-wrong-twin-loses-license/

This is just a sad story all around. :bighanky:

God bless those Children. The woman shouldn't have been getting an abortion at all in the first place!

When the hitman kills the wrong target, somebody gets compensated.

They were twins, a normal girl, a boy with Down's syndrome.

Here's the tragedy. Assuming the boy is allowed to live, how will this be explained to him in the future?

"You had a twin sister, but we killed her by accident. It was supposed to be you."

It seems to me that nearly every kid alive today has to consider him or herself as a survivor of possible abortion. They might have been killed. They might have unknown dead brothers or sisters.

Sadly this has happened many times in the past… There was a case in Rhode Island where Dr. John Diorio was suppose to perform the abortion and did, but these were twins.

One twin was born and had many physical problems and the family was suing the doctor for compensation.

I don’t know the outcome.

[quote="JimG, post:5, topic:194946"]
They were twins, a normal girl, a boy with Down's syndrome.

Here's the tragedy. Assuming the boy is allowed to live, how will this be explained to him in the future?

"You had a twin sister, but we killed her by accident. It was supposed to be you."

It seems to me that nearly every kid alive today has to consider him or herself as a survivor of possible abortion. They might have been killed. They might have unknown dead brothers or sisters.

[/quote]

Unfortunately they decided to kill the boy too.miamiherald.com/2010/04/11/1573598/sarasota-doctor-revoked-for-aborting.html :( (but I think if they had let the boy live to birth, that they should have gone the adoption route. I think this for many reasons, many of which would probably be considered uncharitable, so I will not mention them here).

I wonder if the abortion was done because the mother/father did not want a down syndrome child, or because there was a medical threat to the mother or other twin? The article states there were heart problems with the boy twin so I am unsure what that means.

I suspect that the Mommie and Daddy only wanted a perfect baby, children with Down’s Syndrome or other defects need not apply. It is unbelievable that the doctor involved wants to kill himself because he aborted the “wrong” baby, not because he aborted any baby. Well it is one less butcher out of circulation, I suppose.

How utterly horrible.

Lord, grant me the strength to remain charitable right now, for my blood is beginning to boil at these “parents”. The horrible things I want to say about them…ugh, just…disgusting, disgusting actions by this couple. Oh, I might pop a blood vessel at this rate. I’m already stressed out (was watching hockey)

I pity any children they decide to actually not kill in the future, for I doubt they will be taught to be moral and obedient to God.

Let us just pray that maybe this guilt he is feeling will get him to realize how horrible his actions were, at that he will ask for God’s mercy.

The following quote comes from someone named Christina who made a comment at the site where the story came from:

"If unborn babies are disposable, accidentally snuffing “the wrong one” is no bigger a deal than accidentally towing the junk Chevy to the wrecking yard when you were supposed to tow the junk Ford. If killing one of the babies was something worth getting suicidal about, why was it a good thing to try to kill the other one?

It reminds me of that exchange in Huckleberry Finn:

“We blowed out a cylinder-head.”
“Good gracious! anybody hurt?”
“No’m. Killed a ******.”
“Well, it’s lucky; because sometimes people do get hurt.”

Now it’s “retards” rather than “niggers” who aren’t people. It’s as if some people just have to have somebody they can dehumanize."

No different than the Nazi’s who murdered "useless eaters"amongst others.

I apologise for the offense some may take at the terms used but I left them in as they are germane to the sentiment of the comment.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.