Dr Who Memories

I'm a Dr. Who fan from way back, so I thought we should share some memories. Tell me your favorite doctors, companions, villains, and episodes.
Here's what I like:
1st Doctor: Tom Baker
Favorite Doctor: Colin Baker
Favorite Companions: Sarah Jane, K-9, Romana II, Peri (and it wasn't the fanservice that made me like Peri folks!), and Ace
Favorite Villains: The Master, Davros
Favorite Episodes: the Trial of the Time Lord arc

I remember a black and white episode with the first Doctor, where they were battling a creature that looked like he was made out of giant Licorice All Sorts.

Eventually they defeated him by melting him with hot water. :D

My favourite Doctor was Tom Baker, and I thought the best companion was Leela. Leela was pure instinct and emotion, which provided a perfect complement to the Doctor's intellect and reason. Plus, she was hilarious. :thumbsup:

Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor, but he wasn't the first to play the part. There were three others before him. First was William Hartnell (who I liked very much), then Patrick Troughton, and after him Jon Pertwee.

Favorite villains: The Master, and Sutekh (The Pyramids of Mars)
Companion(s): Sara Jane, Rose Tyler, Captain Jack
Episode: Don't have just one favorite, more like favorite Dr. Who quotes, such as: in answer to a man about to jump to his death because he couldn't pay his taxes: "My dear old thing, all you need is a wily accountant" and "I'm half human on my mother's side", etc.

I only started watching Dr. Who when the newest series began. I was immediately hooked, and watched every single episode I could from the first 4 seasons of the modern Dr. Who’s.

My favorite Dr. Who is David Tennant just because he’s so funny yet serious as well. Just an awesome character.

We've just become hooked on Dr. Who, also.
We simply love the Daleks!
And we really enjoy "Harriet Jones, Prime Minister" (holding up her business card) .... "Yes, I know who you are."
Such fun.

Oh, we also adore Cassandra, the "last human", a face stretched out on a frame.
"Moisturize me!"

[quote="rocklobster, post:1, topic:210080"]
I'm a Dr. Who fan from way back, so I thought we should share some memories.

[/quote]

"It takes all sorts to make a universe, your Grace!"

As the intrepid K9 pointed out (or will point out): "The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection."

I absolutely love the Tom Baker/Romana (Lalla Ward Romana) episode called State of Decay. It’s about vampires! The story is so cool, although very simple.

I think that if all the Twilight fans could see State of Decay, they would become Dr. Who fans, too!

My husband and I joke about “mighty bowships” whenever we need a problem solved.

I’m also a big fan of Daleks, those little upside-down wastebaskets with the plungers. When I’m mad, I walk around muttering, “Exterminate! Exterminate!”

Such a creative, imaginative show! I wonder if it influenced Rowling as she was growing up.

Favorite Doctor: Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor)
Favorite Companions: Ian and Barbara, Sarah Jane, Romana II, Nyssa, Rose
Favorite Villains: Davros, The Master, Sontarans, Clockwork Robots
Favorite Episodes: An Unearthly Child, Marco Polo, The Aztecs, Ark in Space, The Pyramids of Mars, Full Circle, State of Decay, Logopolis, Earthshock, The Five Doctors, Dalek, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords

I've been a gigantic Doctor Who fan ever since I started watching it in the early 80s when I was in 6th grade. I went to a couple of conventions when I was younger and had the great fortune of meeting three different Doctors (Patrick Troughton, Peter Davison, and Colin Baker).

I just recently discovered Doctor Who via BBC America. When I saw the ads for the Weeping Angels earlier this year I thought; I must check this out. Fast forward a few months later and I am absolutely hooked! I've been catching up on the Tennant and Eccleston seasons online and just can't believe I went so long without getting hip to this show!

The Weeping Angels freak me out. But I do like the new series (as well as the original).

[quote="mellowcalico, post:12, topic:210080"]
The Weeping Angels freak me out. But I do like the new series (as well as the original).

[/quote]

Ditto! My daughter & I first started watching during the Tom Baker days, while she was still in school. In fact, I made her a loooong striped knit scarf in Baker's honor. And we used to make jokes about some of the costumes being "99 cents on sale at Winn's!"

All these years later, we're both still fans.

I continue to buy every release of the classic Dr. Who shows on DVD. Sometimes my wallet truly wishes I could stop…

I began watching Dr. Who with Tom Baker in the 80’s on American PBS but over the years I have grown much more fond of the Jon Pertwee years and nowdays I am especially taken in by the almost ‘Shakespearian’ quality of the acting in the William Hartnell years.

Favorite Doctor: William Hartnell
Favorite companions: Susan, Vicki, Jo and Rose…its all about the good looks for me :love:
Favorite bad guys: the Cybermen and the Master.
Favorite hobby: spotting actors from the original Star Wars trilogy and Space: 1999 in old Dr. Who reruns :nerd: lol

I do like the new Dr. Who and the Torchwood spinoff, but being rather priggish I do not care for the libertine sexuality of the new shows. I loved the Daleks vs. the Cybermen battleroyale, thank heavens for the modern wonder of CGI sfx:)

Best Doctor was the blond guy in the 70s or early 80s. Don’t remember his name but he was cute and funny. :smiley:

[quote="agnes_therese, post:13, topic:210080"]
Ditto! My daughter & I first started watching during the Tom Baker days, while she was still in school. In fact, I made her a loooong striped knit scarf in Baker's honor. And we used to make jokes about some of the costumes being "99 cents on sale at Winn's!"

[/quote]

Were you watching the show yet, when they were still making the Tardis controls out of bottle caps, duct tape, and cardboard? :p

All these years later, we're both still fans.

Us, too. :)

You’re probably thinking of Peter Davison. He wore the cricket sweaters. I liked him better as Triston Farnon on “All Creatures Great and Small” and as Albert Campion in the “Campion Mysteries”.

[quote="Della, post:17, topic:210080"]
You're probably thinking of Peter Davison. He wore the cricket sweaters. I liked him better as Triston Farnon on "All Creatures Great and Small" and as Albert Campion in the "Campion Mysteries".

[/quote]

It should also be noted that Peter Davison's real life daughter, Georgia Moffet, played the Doctor's "daughter" Jenny in the new series (and apparently, she was also dating David Tennant too! Don't know if she still is.)

If he had a celery stalk for a lapel, I believe the blond guy was Peter Davison. I like him too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.