dragonology

next door neighbor child into dragnology. my kids reported to me all about. beleives dragons real, has book with all the stuff-dragon names- incantations -ruins reading…etc.what is all this about.seems like a new craze??

No, it’s not a new craze. It’s the same old dragon we encounter in chapter 12 of Revelation acting up again, trying to devour our children too.

I highly recommend a book called A Landscape with Dragons: The Battle for Your Child’s Mind by Michael O’Brien, published by Ignatius Press. It discusses the role of fantasy in the formation of our children. Dragons in fairy tales traditionally represent evil, but our modern culture distorts the once clear distinction between good and evil. Children’s shows and books now make dragons friendly playmates.

Dragons and monsters may not be “real” in the sense that we grown-ups think of as real, but evil is a definate reality. If I discovered my child’s playmate using incantations and other pagan practices to interact with symbols of evil, I’d be concerned.

[quote=gardenswithkids]No, it’s not a new craze. It’s the same old dragon we encounter in chapter 12 of Revelation acting up again, trying to devour our children too.

I highly recommend a book called A Landscape with Dragons: The Battle for Your Child’s Mind by Michael O’Brien, published by Ignatius Press. It discusses the role of fantasy in the formation of our children. Dragons in fairy tales traditionally represent evil, but our modern culture distorts the once clear distinction between good and evil. Children’s shows and books now make dragons friendly playmates.

Dragons and monsters may not be “real” in the sense that we grown-ups think of as real, but evil is a definate reality. If I discovered my child’s playmate using incantations and other pagan practices to interact with symbols of evil, I’d be concerned.
[/quote]

Nice post, Gardens! I agree that this may appear to be harmless fun but I would be concerned. Not something I would want my kids to learn even in jest.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.