Dream World? Real World? what about you?

good CAF village folk,

as i'm getting ready to go to work, my wee busy mind is all wandering about. let me share some of my itsy bitsy meanderings with you in these 2 questions:

what dream world thing would you like to be doing today? what real world thing are you grateful to be doing today?

eagerly awaiting your replies,

signed,
*Inn to Inn Alps Hiking Sounds Awesome, Right? *

Dream world: seeing an accountant with my husband to figure out what we will do with 20 million dollars we just received from the lottery, after all taxes and etc. How much to give to charity vs. spend now vs. save for retirement/later years.

Real world: pet the cat. Gabrielle is needing lots of affection today; that usually happens when I feed her in the AM :) she has come up to me several times for petting, including walking across the keyboard and messing with the visuals and sound ;) I'm waiting for the day that I accidentally post something nonsensical like 333333333333 b/c of her and then I have to edit and say that was "kitten across the keys" paw influence.

dream world: being home instead of at work doing anything.............hahaha

real world: feeling the little baby inside me kick. :):love:

[quote="monicatholic, post:1, topic:207651"]
good CAF village folk,

as i'm getting ready to go to work, my wee busy mind is all wandering about. let me share some of my itsy bitsy meanderings with you in these 2 questions:

what dream world thing would you like to be doing today? what real world thing are you grateful to be doing today?

signed,

[/quote]

Dream world: Producing an album, practicing with my band, and preparing to either record some tracks or do a show tonight.

Real world: Shower, go to Mass, practice my instrument, maybe go to ToT

OK, my turn.

dream world: (can you tell from my OPost signature) Inn to Inn hiking in the swiss alps with my husband

real world: i’m currently grateful to have been able to put away half the potato latke for tomorrow’s lunch. it was so delicious i was afraid i wouldnt be able to stop.

Dream world: Staying right here at home, enjoying time with all my kids, and dh would be here instead of working out of town .

Real world: Getting ready to head to a job that I hate, that is full of drama and pettiness, but however pays the bills.

Dream world-going to a Catholic Mass and taking communion without my husband hassling me. (conversion is something that WILL happen for me but not without trials)

Real world-grateful my husband has the day off and can go with me to my baby appts. (I'm pregnant)

Dream World: Wishing I could insult my customers when they threaten me, and make me glad I will be leaving America.

Real World: talking to my boyfriend! :smiley:

dream world, that i could go home from work tonight and have enough time to be with my kids all evening long AND work on the painting i started.

real world: the second half of the potato latke was fabulous delicious good.

Dream world: going on a mega shopping spree and then dropping off all of the purchases at the home of an unsuspecting person in desperate need, thereby alleviating an incredible burden from their shoulders

Real world: looking forward to reading a little "love note" my daughter wrote for me before I brought her to her dad's for his parenting time this afternoon. Later, spending an early-morning (3AM) hour adoring the One Who truly loves :love:

Fun topic! Y'all are really creative!!

Dream world: Visiting Ireland for three months.

Real world: Nursing my three-week-old son.

Dream world:[FONT=“Arial”] I come out of the door of my already restored cottage in County Kerry, Ireland. I sit with a Belleek teapot full of Barry’s tea beside my garden and enjoy the beauty of the flowers. I breathe in the scent of the Austin roses and delight in the sight of the delphiniums which are extra beautiful this year. Perhaps I will get out my easel and paints to capture the moment and the garden forever. Ah, a bit of heaven on earth! I could sit here all day!

[FONT=“System”]My Real world:[FONT=“Arial”]I drink a cup of coffee from a mug while walking around my garden to see how many flowers the deer have trampled on or eaten entirely overnight. It is a hot, humid day and so I go back into my air-conditioned house where I put on a sweatshirt to stay warm. I then wash the dishes, dust, vacuum, and notice the kitchen needs to be repainted again…It could take all day.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] :smiley:

Dream world: I come out of the door of my already restored cottage in County Kerry, Ireland. I sit with a Belleek teapot full of Barry's tea beside my garden and enjoy the beauty of the flowers. I breathe in the scent of the Austin roses and delight in the sight of the delphiniums which are extra beautiful this year. Perhaps I will get out my easel and paints to capture the moment and the garden forever. Ah, a bit of heaven on earth! I could sit here all day!

when i'm finished in my dream world, can i visit yours?

[quote="monicatholic, post:13, topic:207651"]
when i'm finished in my dream world, can i visit yours?

[/quote]

Well of course you may! After all that hiking you'll be doing, a nice rest by the garden might be what you will need! You will have to bring your own easel, but I will supply the inspiration! (And the tea!) :)

[quote="monicatholic, post:1, topic:207651"]
good CAF village folk,

signed,

[/quote]

Dream world. I'd be going out to check my cattle and not having to go to work in town.

Real world grateful thing. Hmmm. . . too early in the morning. It'll occur to me later in the day. Maybe just that God has placed me in a location where I get to view nature, even if I don't often get to go out and be in it.

Dream World-Pitching for the Pittsburgh Pirates in Game 4 of the World Series as they beat the Yankees.

Real World-Wondering why I'm the only guy in my neighborhood who put out the garbage today...did the the garbage men tell everyone but me that they're on strike?

Dream world: writing every day and actually making money and gaining fame selling my novels.

Real world: writing every day and making little/no money and even less fame selling my novels.

Dream world: We'd be on an educational and fun trip that everyone in the family would be excited about going on, and everyone would be getting along or at least settling their differences in a quiet, effective way. At the same time a decorator/construction/cleaning service team would be re doing my house so that we can more effectively survive mornings, dinners, and sleeping per my specifications.

Real world: I'm happy to have the opportunity to clean my own house while asking my kids in a kind way to help out here and there as they are able while they still play and enjoy their summer. Here and there they'll fit in a chapter or two of their book and a half an hour or so of practicing for their music lessons that they are so lucky to be able to take.

[quote="Cat, post:17, topic:207651"]
Dream world: writing every day and actually making money and gaining fame selling my novels.

Real world: writing every day and making little/no money and even less fame selling my novels.

[/quote]

I love your dream world/real world!

What do you have to do to get a book on accelerated reader? I know people have mixed opinions about the accelerated reader program academically, but it's a dream for sales. A lot of kids will read it just for the points, and it's great for advertising.

Dream world: Traveling the world on an adventurous and altruistic mission of fighting for higher Good so lofty I can't even imagine what it might be that I'm doing - achieving world peace or stopping all religious conflicts is not quite lofty enough. But it's exciting, risky and I have amazing comrades. I see the whole world and am initiated into many mysteries. It's better than Tolkien and more fantastical.

Nothing similar can ever really happen, so I can happily take on the missions God gives me instead, however 'petty' or 'trivial'. Like...

Real world: After a sleepless night with a sick 3yo and now holding a colicky 2mo, I'm amazed to find I can find joy, peace, and the ability to pray. I feel like a nun who had a prayerful wake (my dream world is an integral part of my real world ;)) and my fatigue is part of a joyful spiritual struggle.

Which is to say that THIS TIME AROUND I DON'T HAVE PPD (so far), and it's such an amazing difference I'm thankful for it every day. And now I know for a fact my PPD last time wasn't my fault - I wasn't just weak or selfish or couldn't adjust - it was something physical I had no control over.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.