Dreams, goals, aspirations & Catholicism

In today’s culture, the idea of following ones dreams has been the standard thing to do. I’m actually a young teenager but I aspire to be a filmmaker/writer and a husband/father. It’s always been my dream and I’m sure it’s what I want to do. But the problem is I don’t know if this is what God wants me to do. So my question is, (of course granted that I follow my dreams ordered to a greater good and live my life as a devout Catholic raising my children and still live a moral life) can I follow my dreams and is “following your dreams” (ordered towards good of course) something that we as Catholics should say? I understand that we should strive to follow God’s will over our’s but sometimes I don’t know which is which.

Certainly! As long as you want to use your talents to honor God. God will alter your dreams if that isn’t what He wants for you. I admire you faith.

You can use your films/writing to spread Christian messages. Just tell a good story too.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.