Dressing for the December heat

Yesterday I was watching this goofy show Red Eye, and I noticed that different people adopted different ways to handle this heatwave that descended on us here in early December. Please see the links below, both links should connect to the same video.

video.foxnews.com/v/4442868/wednesdays-halftime-report/

foxnews.com/on-air/red-eye/index.html#/v/4442868/wednesdays-halftime-report/?playlist_id=86926

If you watch the video, especially starting at 2 min 15 sec, you will see two different designs of dress that I have no doubt were both adopted to aid with a better heat dissipation in this hot weather. :D One of the designs bares both shoulders, but only their upper part. The other design, on the other hand, bares only one shoulder, but it goes deeper so that the whole shoulder area is left uncovered, down to below the armpit.

So, I would like to ask for opinions, because I am thinking of starting to wear either one or the other of those styles, to aid with my own heat dissipation. :p As I'm getting ready to hit the submit button, I've safely taken cover in a deep underground bunker, wearing my body armor and kevlar helmet, but I already seem to feel the heatwave coming this way. ;)

:D

I know you are in miami...so I wondered,is it warm there now?

But fox news I think tapes in NY...not warm.

Last sunday, the weather anchor was on. Low cut, tight sweater. DH said, "What's with the buxom fox news ladies?"

I guess thae days of power suits are gone?

LOL... 'tis the season! :D

Central Floridian here... we've had a HOT fall (up to the mid-80s)... up until yesterday/today... now our highs are only in the mid-60s... brrrrrrr.....:eek:

[quote="Em_in_FL, post:3, topic:221425"]
LOL... 'tis the season! :D

Central Floridian here... we've had a HOT fall (up to the mid-80s)... up until yesterday/today... now our highs are only in the mid-60s... brrrrrrr.....:eek:

[/quote]

Come on up to Montana. Its in the high 20's and I want to wear shorts and tee's, but was told not to be "stupid" by the SO

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:2, topic:221425"]

But fox news I think tapes in NY...not warm.

[/quote]

Yes, I'm in Miami, but there must be a heatwave sweeping through NY right now... :coolinoff: Just look at those ladies, how are they dressed.

It MUST be really hot, up there! :eek:

[quote="FidesSpesCarita, post:4, topic:221425"]
Come on up to Montana. Its in the high 20's and I want to wear shorts and tee's, but was told not to be "stupid" by the SO

[/quote]

You know, I also read HAnne's posts elsewhere, and I'm like, woohoo, let me move to Montana! Minus 20 degrees? Minus 40 with the windchill? Sounds good, to me! :thumbsup:

I would never have to worry about snow conditions for a little skiing and winter trekking, out there. :p

I would hope, though, that the grizzlies are asleep by now. :blush: But how do you handle the wolves? :eek:

[quote="Joseph_L_Varga, post:6, topic:221425"]
You know, I also read HAnne's posts elsewhere, and I'm like, woohoo, let me move to Montana! Minus 20 degrees? Minus 40 with the windchill? Sounds good, to me! :thumbsup:

I would never have to worry about snow conditions for a little skiing and winter trekking, out there. :p

I would hope, though, that the grizzlies are asleep by now. :blush: But how do you handle the wolves? :eek:

[/quote]

With a shotgun???

:doh2:

I also have a slingshot and I’m an expert slingshot marksman. I know, very mature, for a grownup man. :smiley:

[quote="Joseph_L_Varga, post:6, topic:221425"]

[/quote]

Well, for bears there is a .45 caliber bear spray that lots of people carry. Sometimes .357 caliber, but thats beside the point.

The wolves pretty much ignore you, but they LOVE cattle and sheep. For those there are 30-06 wolf sprays or .300 mag.

Montana is gun country... Although thats pretty much just the "good ol' boys" its one of the reasons I moved here.

Haven't you folks ever heard of linen, ramie, or cotton before???

I personally hate the off-the-shoulders look because it makes me look like a football linebacker:rolleyes:

When I saw the title "December heat," I had to laugh, as it is with great irony, snowing outside as we speak.

Are bare arms and shoulders now inherently immodest? :shrug: I personally think that it's pretty and classic while not showing much cleavage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.