Driver's license applicants can choose their own gender--State allows men to identify themselves as women

*The state of Massachusetts, which has been at the forefront of normalizing homosexual relationships in law, has taken a bold new step to allow applicants for drivers licenses to select their gender on officials documents.

The decision by Rachel Kaprielian became public when an organization promoting family values obtained a copy of a letter she dispatched to a homosexual lobbying organization.

The letter to Marc Solomon of MassEquality said the state Registry of Motor Vehicles “has amended its policy to enable transgendered individuals to more easily change the gender designation on their licenses and identity cards.”

Kaprielian said the new provisions no longer will require applicants to submit medical proof of sex reassignment surgery.

"Under the new policy, the letter said, “an individual who wishes to change the gender marker will submit an updated application together with a Gender Designation Change Form, signed by him or her and a medical provider attesting to the gender that the individual considers himself or herself to be.”

The organization that obtained the letter, MassResistance.com, said the decision has “huge implications” for society.

“Essentially, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has decided that for legal purposes of identification, a person’s actual sex is meaningless. The gender ‘you consider yourself to be’ is now officially used. This is madness. But it’s now the state policy,” the organization said.

“A man using a women’s restroom or women’s locker room would now show police a legal, official Massachusetts identification that he ‘is a woman.’ He could get this on the basis of ‘the gender he considers himself to be’ with the agreement of a ‘medical provider,’” the organization said on its website. *

worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=87422

Another sign of the times.

This is a good and bad thing.

It’s good because it would let transexuals use the restroom that they believe they should be using.

It’s bad because a lot of perverts are going to try to abuse this.

this is an entirely bad thing.

if you have 1 or more ‘Y’ chrosomes you are a male, no ifs ands or buts. if you do not have a ‘Y’ chrosome(s) then you are a female, regardless of the number of ‘X’ chrosomes you have. feelings/identity play no role in this. you are one or the other. thats not an opinion its science, biology, and physiology.

i forsee this law being used to attack the remaining religious people of that state for discrimination. if you have a daycare/church/store and an obvious man walks in, you get sued if you dont let him in the ladies room?

this would serve no purpose beyond the politically correct feel good anything goes mindset that nothing is wrong if someone wants to do it. there is no justification for this. i hope this idea/law is shot down tongiht and abandoned.

That’s totally sick! - what is this world coming to?

I have to disagree with you two, this can be a very good thing in some cases.
:slight_smile:
and come on Nat, totally sick?
:stuck_out_tongue:

And please, no one is trying to attack religious people.

Think about! A girl is in the bathroom w/ a guy?

If he really really thinks he should be a guy, then yeah, i’m fine with it.
:slight_smile:

Oh, that is absurb, I guess we can’t expect better from the group MassResistance, which has been identified as a hate organization by the Southern Poverty Law Center, but really… if a persons’s doctor has signed off on that person’s gender identity, then it isn’t aribtrary. The only madness is that World Net Daily would report the ravings of this hater from MassResistance and treat it as sane.

Although I don’t agree with transgender alterations, this only makes sense, if you can call madness sense, if a person has undergone total surgical transformation. I’ve had to deal with these types of people on my job, in one instance I approached a cross dresser because he/she was dressed more provocatively than any of the prostitutes that hang around the area and he/she was making the other guests uncomfortable by the way he/she was dressed. He/she complained to my boss be cause I referred to him as “sir” and “you guys”, there was more than one. Heck, how am I supposed to address them, their IDs specifically stated MALE. Come on, GET A CLUE, you are what you are when you are born. I see real big problems coming our way with this issue.

I’ve met some transgender people and they are really, really mixed up poor dears. One of them is in my workplace. After many years, she has decided she is a he and wants to be called by a man’s name. Sigh. I don’t think she plans to have surgery to change her lady parts, but she’s now a dude - at least in her own mind - and our workplace is so politically correct that no one dares say poor dear, she has some mental issues.

There are peole that are both genders. It goes beyond the ismple chromosomal application. These are the ones who would be covered by this law. Which bathroom do they go into? They cna’t be denied both. So legally they have to declare which gender they are despite outward appearances. We might require some actual medical proof of the aberration just like you can’t go and put a handicapped license plate on your car without a doctors note stating the handicap.

But it happens medically that one can have physical attributes of both genders. This is what it is like. They are not mixed up individuals. They are creatures of God none the less. If we are not comfortable having thme use either the ladies’ or mens’ room then go the extra mile and create restrooms specifically for their use.

Great. But I, and most men, are not comfortable with women in our restrooms regardless of what delusions they are suffering. Yes, there are some borderline cases, but allowing people to switch genders back and forth on official documents is a stupid idea. Massachusetts is truly cutting edge. I just don’t want to be near what they are cutting.

Can you be a dog if you want?

This is very interesting. I suppose if you are one of these individuals, you welcome this change. I don’t know what to make of these people. Some of them have real physical disorders that cause them to seek this gender change. Others are sick, but then again male homosexuals can use the men’s room already, and they have definite sexual desires for men, whereas a woman who get a gender reassignment surgery to turn into a man is probably less of a threat.

The inmates are running the asylum.

Oh, is that how it works?

(concentrating)

I am rich…

I am rich…

I am rich…

I am rich…

These people, like Job, have already been permitted to be afflicted in unimaginable ways. We should not repeat the same mistake as Job’s friends did and put more unnecessary hardship on them. I have proposed, with no comments, that if you medically document their condition, then you should either allow them to do this and use the restroom of their choice, or you should start building additional restrooms to accomodate them.

i still disagree with you, but honestly the small small small number of sick(medically not mentally) people using this arent the biggest issue.

the many many many people that will abuse it are the large threat. there are bad people out there getting giddy over this. women and children will be hurt easier and more often with this in place, to me preventing that is more important than someones feelings.

To be sure, it can be abused. Much like the handicapped parking situation. But we don’t discontinue that just because of the many that get their doctor to falsely exaggerate their condition just so they can get that close parking spot. If we don’t want to go this route then spend the extra money to provide facilities for these people. You can’t possibly deny them the use of all public restrooms, for example, and some would be uncomfortable on both sides of the gender aisle.

So, you think that people will have their driver’s license changed simply to prey on women in bathrooms?

It seems to me that it woiuldn’t be that difficult to do that without all this bother. These perverts can enter bathrooms now, posed as women. How often will someone ask another person for ID?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.