driving fear

i have a very serious problem or weakness, I am scared to drive my car, I pray about it everyday, the minute I get into my car I start panicking,sweating,shaking.please pray for me as this is interfering with my life, I rather take a taxi to go to work rather than driving myself to work.I know I am not alone, God is with me at all times but this fear its just getting worse everyday.

Let us pray:
Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

I will pray that God will release you from your fears.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Loving God please guide Dammod to find help to overcome this debilitating challenge.
Please assist in Dammod in whatever self-help and whatever other assistance if require to overcome this fearfulness.

[quote="Trishie, post:3, topic:300476"]
Loving God please guide Dammod to find help to overcome this debilitating challenge.
Please assist in Dammod in whatever self-help and whatever other assistance if require to overcome this fearfulness.

[/quote]

Amen.

Praying for your intention.

[quote="Trishie, post:3, topic:300476"]

[/quote]

I am praying this for you too.

Prayers for you.

[quote="dammod, post:1, topic:300476"]
i have a very serious problem or weakness, I am scared to drive my car, I pray about it everyday, the minute I get into my car I start panicking,sweating,shaking.please pray for me as this is interfering with my life, I rather take a taxi to go to work rather than driving myself to work.I know I am not alone, God is with me at all times but this fear its just getting worse everyday.

Let us pray:
Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

[/quote]

It sounds like you need professional counseling. Don't let the situation get worse. I'm including you in my prayers.

Yes you are certainly not alone. I have stopped driving and have lost travel independence so I know what it is like. I am praying that you can overcome your fear and re-gain confidence..

I pray that God will keep you and be with you wherever you go.

By the way, if it at all helps, think of a joke or a funny story while you're driving. It might help you relax a little. You might also find it helpful to drive short distances first before attempting longer ones.

praying hard for your intentions our lady of lourdes pray for this person :gopray2::blessyou:

Mother Mary, I commend Dammod to you. Please help him to trust in your and Our Lord’s assistance whenever he is driving. May he find help for this anxiety problem ASAP and get to the bottom of it. I pray that Our Lord enlightens him and delivers him from this trial. May Dammod offer up his suffering and gain great merit in doing so. Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

thank you everyone for your prayers, I will take it one day at the time. God Bless

Amen.

Angels and Saints, please join us in praying for dammod, especially St Dymphna and all those who know what's it like to have to live with anxiety.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.