Driving on Sunday

Hey all, so I’m in San Francisco right now and I’m supposed to be driving to Bakersfield tomorrow with a buddy. Tomorrow’s Sunday and I’ve been thinking about how much work should be done on Sundays. It’s only a four hour drive, so two hours each, which really isn’t bad and doesn’t bother me too much, but we considered driving all the way to LA, which would have been a bit more taxing. What do you guys think? Are long drives something to avoid on Sundays?

“Servile labor” is to be avoided. In other words, paid/compensated work.

Of course there are exceptions, such as essential personnel–police, firefighters, health care workers, care of helpless animals…

Did you go to mass?

Actually, the term “servile work” doesn’t even appear in the current Code of Canon Law.

No, it wouldn’t even cross my mind as something to worry about

People used to go for Sunday drives in the country as a way to relax. I don’t think driving on Sunday is a problem, although it is less relaxing now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.