Drop Dropbox' protests flare as wiretap proponent Condoleezza Rice joins board

But protesters are threatening to ditch Dropbox from their life completely, thanks to yesterday’s appointment of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to the Dropbox board.

The grumbles began on Twitter and Reddit mere minutes after the announcement was made, and they’ve only continued to grow since then

pcworld.com/article/2142286/drop-dropbox-protests-flare-as-wiretap-proponent-condoleezza-rice-joins-board.html

Also a Mormon woman has made arrangements to open a health store in Oregon but because she made a comment against the gays, they are forcing her to close down before she even opens the store.

The Politically Correct crowd is really out in full force.

I have a lot of respect for Condeleezza Rice, but she does seem to be an unusual choice for a web services company.

Tucked away near the end of a Businessweek article on the startup is news of Rice taking a fourth seat on the board:
The former secretary of state’s consulting firm, RiceHadleyGates, has been advising the startup on management issues for the last year. Now she’ll help the company think about such matters as international expansion and privacy, an issue that dogs every cloud company in the age of Edward Snowden and the NSA.*

You know, privacy and the NSA. The same NSA that, as Ars Technica points out, Rice herself authorized to wiretap UN officials and other domestic targets without warrants. She definitely seems like the right person to help craft Dropbox’s privacy policies.

news.yahoo.com/wiretap-proponent-condoleezza-rice-joins-dropbox-board-065107661.html

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Once you’re laid off from the federal government, you still need to work and that is why so many representatives become lobbyists because the pay is great.

I wish her well.

She did have a boss when she did the wiretaps.

I thought so at first too, but it seems that she has experience sitting on the Board of HP and other companies.

It doesn’t look like the company is going to back down on this one. Her position is strategic move toward where they want to go in the future.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.